Flat Tire Warning Light does not go out

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jdsdesktop
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

Flat tire shows up in red, psi are correct, is there anyway to Disable or Reset this stupid warning light

DTASFAB

If the tires are inflated properly and the warning light doesn't go out after a few seconds of driving, you may have a bad sensor inside the wheel, or maybe the vehicle sensor isn't recognizing the in-wheel sensor properly. What year Rogue? You may have to get the sensors reprogrammed to be properly paired with the vehicle, or maybe replace one or more sensors.

In some states, the vehicle won't pass inspection if the sensors aren't all working properly, but otherwise, you can just let the light stay on indefinitely and check your tire pressure once a month the traditional way, with a pressure gauge.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Had a tpms service light go out on a Lexus a few years back. Dealer repaired ONE OR REPLACED it for nearly $230. :facepalm:

Then got a nail a few days later on my Rogue and was charged nearly $35 to patch it.

I then brought the lexus to have 3 tires changed because they were like 10 years old but had only 10,000 miles on them and still looked good. But i wanted to play it safe.

After going home, as luck would have it, the Lexus sensors go off. :cry:
Thinking I save money I bring it to NTB to replace the remaining 3 sensors which would be cheaper than just replacing one at Lexus.

Took them 3 days to figure it out since it's known for this I guess.

Anyways, got me paranoid that i needed to replace my tpms on the Rogue which were I guess around 8 yrs old.

Bought some oem off ebay and asked NTB for a complimentary install since I was their customer.

They wanted $25 per tire. Hell with this company after charging me nearly $35 to patch the tire on my Rogue.:bs:
Most do a free tire patch for a previous customer or charge 10 bucks. Remember I bought a tire and 3 tpms sensors from them earlier.

So I went to Discount Tire after reading good things about them. They charged me, never being a customer; $10 per tire to install each tpms sensor. They just got a new customer.

Ironically, I ran over a screw YESTERDAY and got a free patch job at Discount Tires! They definitely my go to place for future tires! Friendly bunch.

Unlike NTB, which feels like a place trying to squeeze every last dollar from you. Avoid NTB at all cost. This store was merchants tire before being bought by NTB, but it doesn't mean nothing to them that your a previous customer of the merged company. :slap:

jdsdesktop

could it be a sensor even though the fire pressure reads the correct pressure

jdsdesktop

DTASFAB wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:49 am
If the tires are inflated properly and the warning light doesn't go out after a few seconds of driving, you may have a bad sensor inside the wheel, or maybe the vehicle sensor isn't recognizing the in-wheel sensor properly. What year Rogue? You may have to get the sensors reprogrammed to be properly paired with the vehicle, or maybe replace one or more sensors.

In some states, the vehicle won't pass inspection if the sensors aren't all working properly, but otherwise, you can just let the light stay on indefinitely and check your tire pressure once a month the traditional way, with a pressure gauge.
i guess i just dont understand why after i fixed the flat tire, the indicator wont go out, even though the pressure ( which the sensor reads correctly) is correct

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

jdsdesktop wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:47 pm
i guess i just dont understand why after i fixed the flat tire, the indicator wont go out, even though the pressure ( which the sensor reads correctly) is correct
So you had a flat tire? Maybe you should say that in the first post.

Did you get the tire replaced? Patched? If either then the shop repairing it could of damaged the TPS sensor.

Did you fill the flat tire with that fix a flat s***?

Lone Wolff
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD
2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 5.4L
2010 Ford Fusion SEL

Can you confirm if you are receiving a “Tire Pressure Low Add Air” warning on your Vehicle Information Display screen?

Per the manual:
"TPMS malfunction:
If the TPMS is not functioning properly, the low tire pressure warning light will flash for approximately 1 minute when the ignition switch is
placed in the ON position. The light will remain on after the 1 minute. Have the system checked by a NISSAN dealer. The “Tire Pressure Low Add Air”
warning does not appear if the low tire pressure warning light illuminates to indicate a TPMS malfunction."

So if you are NOT seeing the “Tire Pressure Low Add Air” warning, then you do have a malfunction, not a low tire.

jdsdesktop

i have no low pressure light, just the flat tire light, the pressure reads correct on the screen, just shows up in Red for the tire that was flat

jdsdesktop

Lone Wolff wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:05 pm
Can you confirm if you are receiving a “Tire Pressure Low Add Air” warning on your Vehicle Information Display screen?

Per the manual:
"TPMS malfunction:
If the TPMS is not functioning properly, the low tire pressure warning light will flash for approximately 1 minute when the ignition switch is
placed in the ON position. The light will remain on after the 1 minute. Have the system checked by a NISSAN dealer. The “Tire Pressure Low Add Air”
warning does not appear if the low tire pressure warning light illuminates to indicate a TPMS malfunction."

So if you are NOT seeing the “Tire Pressure Low Add Air” warning, then you do have a malfunction, not a low tire.
i have no low pressure light, just the flat tire light, the pressure reads correct on the screen, just shows up in Red for the tire that was flat - i replyed verses post

DenisMcG
Car: 2009 Infiniti FX50

It is possible that the sensor was damaged when you got the flat, especially if you drove any distance on the flat. Even a few hundred feet could be enough to damage the sensor if the inside of the tire comes in contact with it.

jdsdesktop

DenisMcG wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:44 pm
It is possible that the sensor was damaged when you got the flat, especially if you drove any distance on the flat. Even a few hundred feet could be enough to damage the sensor if the inside of the tire comes in contact with it.
i think if the sensor was damaged, then it wouldn't read the correct tire pressure, problem is the pressure reads correctly, but the warning light wont go off,,,, This is crazy.. it shows up in red

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

My dinosaur butt misses the old days before the internet and cell phones.

Less stress. So much technology overload these days.

Thank God I dont have the tire pressure display, my OCD would kick in whenever the tires were not equal and the pressure was off by 1 lb.

I like my old analog tire gauge and not knowing the air pressure differences. I rather have that mystery.

Since we already have to deal with tpms sensors and the dumb flat tire yellow display that won't shut off at times! :facepalm:

DTASFAB

I couldn't agree more. I wish the Rogue didn't have CVT problems, and I wish other people in society would be more understanding to people like us who want simplicity. Collectively, society at large still doesn't understand what George Carlin tried to teach us about technology and what is routinely referred to as "convenience," but actually leads to headaches. We have problems caused by technology, and we try to solve them with more technology. Enough already. I'll finish this idea in another thread, because I don't want to hijack this one more than I already have.

RobertoC

jdsdesktop wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:30 am
Flat tire shows up in red, psi are correct, is there anyway to Disable or Reset this stupid warning light
I have the solution for this problem. I had exactly the same issue with my 2014 Nissan Rogue.
-Flat tire + psi correct.

Solution: I took it to Walmart and they relearned all the sensors
Problem Fixed

Story: I bought this car with this flat tire display and figured it would just be a sensor, I took it to Walmart to replace or check if it had any bad sensors and if it did I asked them to replace them.
When I got back to get my car, they told me they had patched a tire and they were trying to charge me for patching the tire lol even though I did not take the vehicle for a tire patch. The flat tire display was still there, so I requested the manager since all the sensors appeared to be good. He thought it was weird and mentioned not having any other vehicle with that same issue since the psi pressure was accurate and tire was not flat. So he told me he was going to try 1 last thing, which was to relearn all the sensors, I had to drive it for a little while to make sure it was gone and Boom it’s been gone since, this happened about 2 months ago. Hope this helps everyone and prevents you from spending a couple hundred dollars if not more at the dealership.

P.S. manager did not charge me for the flat tire or relearning the sensors since they had messed up. :)

RobertoC

jdsdesktop wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:30 am

I have the solution for this problem. I had exactly the same issue with my 2014 Nissan Rogue.
-Flat tire + psi correct.

Solution: I took it to Walmart and they relearned all the sensors
Problem Fixed

Story: I bought this car with this flat tire display and figured it would just be a sensor, I took it to Walmart to replace or check if it had any bad sensors and if it did I asked them to replace them.
When I got back to get my car, they told me they had patched a tire and they were trying to charge me for patching the tire lol even though I did not take the vehicle for a tire patch. The flat tire display was still there, so I requested the manager since all the sensors appeared to be good. He thought it was weird and mentioned not having any other vehicle with that same issue since the psi pressure was accurate and tire was not flat. So he told me he was going to try 1 last thing, which was to relearn all the sensors, I had to drive it for a little while to make sure it was gone and Boom it’s been gone since, this happened about 2 months ago. Hope this helps everyone and prevents you from spending a couple hundred dollars if not more at the dealership.

P.S. manager did not charge me for the flat tire or relearning the sensors since they had messed up. :)

Return to “Rogue Forum”