flashing airbag light...

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
BWU300zx
Car: 92 nissan 300zx TT

ok guys so i have a flashing airbag light. it's a salvage title 92 300zx TT, from the previous previous owner. the guy i bought it from says it doesn't have a airbag. but the steering wheel and airbag look like it's all there.

i was searching and it said on other vehicles it's just in self diagnostics mode? is it the same with our cars? if so do i turn it off the same way? or how should i go about doing this? i heard it's like stupid expensive to get that fixed cuz the module is expensive. and i'm going to be getting my timing belt changed once the kit comes in.

so far people have been saying it's safe to drive, but some people also say it might just pop out unexpectedly? couldn't find a article about this for our cars, every other car yeah, so...should i turn it off? and if so do i do the same directions as the other cars?

sluggoZ
Car: 2004.5 350Z SuperBlack/Black Touring Roadster

I got these instructions from another forum.For The Airbag Reseting Procedure...you must first change the SRS system to Self-Diagnosis Mode, then back to User Mode to clear the airbag light.

How to Change to Self-Diagnosis Mode:1. Turn ignition switch from OFF to ON.2. With-in 1 second after air bag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off, turn OFF ignition switch.3. After ignition switch is turned off, wait for more than 3 seconds.4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 TWICE. (perform 3 times in total)5. Turn ignition switch ON again (turn to Diagnosis Mode).

Turn to USER Mode:1. Turn ignition switch to OFF to ON.2. With-in 1 second after airbag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off, turn OFF the ignition switch.3. After ignition switch is turned OFF, wait for more than 3 seconds.4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 TWICE. (perform 3 times in total)5. Turn ignition switch ON again (Turn to User Mode)

BWU300zx
Car: 92 nissan 300zx TT

so the airbag light supposed to turn off after 7 seconds? i just tried it but it never went off...does the door have to be closed as well? i just opened it and was sitting on the side and doing it. the light just kept flashing...

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”