Fix doors from swinging shut

Member area: Post up your ride and the modifications to date
Wpbboy81
Car: 2004 G35 coupe

Ok I'm new to the forum. This is actually my 1st post, but i figured it could help other members. We all know the the G35 coupes doors close on their own....I've even gotten used to it. But it does get annoying when you want to keep it open. Anyways i read somewhere online that 350z door checks will fix the problem. ....it didnt. But what did fix it is the door checks off a G35 sedan. I swapped mine out with some from an 05 sedan and my doors stay open with no problem now. I actually forget i have to give them a push now as oppose to just walking away. Hope this helps anyone who may want to do it.

m tr4nch
Car: RS13, Z31, P11

are the door checks those rods in the middle of both hinges that hold it open? i always called the g35 doors "automatic closing doors" lol, but yeah it can get quite annoying sometimes. good info! did you figure out the sedan ones worked on your own?

Wpbboy81
Car: 2004 G35 coupe

Yeah those are the rods I'm talking about. I had to google the names lol. But yeah i was at the junkyard i figured I'd try a theory. a murano's door is heavier than ours (not sure) but it stays open. So i orginally took one off of that. But then i compared it to the sedan and it was the same. So just to be sure it lined up, i took the sedans instead of the murano. I was actully surprised it worked. I call my gf in excitment lol

Return to “G35 and G37 Modification database”