Fitting New Headlight Bulbs

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
BingleyDamo
Car: 2011/12 Infiniti M35H

Hello there from the UK...I am the owner of an Infiniti M35H 2011 saloon and am seeking some advice/tips if anyone can help. The main headlight on one side of the car has gone and I need to replace this or face the long arm of the law....the only problem I have is getting to the old bulb to swap it out. From what I can see, unless you have bays hands, you need to remove the front bumper of the car and maybe even the wheel to be able to do this, am I wrong or is there another easier way of doing this, can anyone help, has anyone else had this issue and if so how did you go about doing it?

Thanks in advance

Damian

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Haven't done it specifically on an M, but from what I can see in the drawings, it looks like you can get at the bulbs by jacking and removing the wheel and peeling back the front half of the wheel well liner. That's true on most Nissan/Infiniti passenger cars. If the problem is the ignitor or ballast, then the bumper skirt will need to come loose. When only one side needs to come out, it usually isn't necessary to remove the skirt. In most cases you can just loosen that side of the skirt and loosen or remove the grille so the skirt can be pulled outward, allowing access to the headlight screws.

BingleyDamo
Car: 2011/12 Infiniti M35H

Thanks for the quick, reply, i will give that a try :)

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”