fisher men i got a question for you.

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
keith0486

ok well as the topic says i have a question and that is has any one ever orders a rod/ reel combo from bass pro or cabela's?

if you have how well was it packaged?

do you think i would be better off buying the reel and having that shipped to me and just get a rod at walmart for it?

the reason i ask is im looking for a new baitcaster reel/rod combo. those to places aren't that close to me to go buy 1 and not have it shipped to my house.

keith0486

no one has ever orders a rod or reel from cabelas or bass pro

1unar3clipse
Car: 93 240sx HB, 01 Dodge Dakota SLT

sometimes sometimes and again I stress sometimes Walmart has so-so fishing equipment.

I've ordered quite a few setups from Cabelas: Shakespeare Uglystik combo, and a Shimano combo, various reels/rods for my grandpa, a few lures here and there and a tacklebox once.

The place is pretty pro when it comes to shipping as I've never had a complaint, everything has always arrived in copious cardboard packing.... and I manage a shipping warehouse.

keith0486

ahh nice thanx man i looked at walmart at there baitcasters and they only had 2 in the $100 rang thats alittle high for me.

thats where my question came in cause bass pro has some of there baitcaster's on clearance for pretty cheap and the reviews on the 1 im looking at are very high.

o ya you said u got some rod and reel combos how are the rods packed that's the only thing that im worried about cause a 1 piece 7 foot rod being shipped in just seems like i would be taking a chance of it being broke.

1unar3clipse
Car: 93 240sx HB, 01 Dodge Dakota SLT

they shipped my uglystick in a corrugated tube within a cardboard box of a slightly larger dimension wrapped in bubble-wrap.

Just remember before you sign for it to inspect the box, if it looks any bit badly damaged (i'm talking about the package having gashes or being bent in half) decline accepting and call Cabelas.

I've never once had a problem with them, and the customer service is fast and more helpful than expected.

keith0486

alright thanx for your help.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

hell...I got an uglystick spincast combo at Walmart for like 30 bucks...I'm not a big fisherman...but it seems to work ok

any d!ck's Sporting goods there?

keith0486

ya i looked at d!ck but they only had a few bait caster's .

the only bait caster combo's they had where Abu Garcia and im not a fan off them for the fact i never had any luck with them seemed to not work to my liking i guess. that's why i was going with a bass pro shop's Wally Marshall bait caster. from the reviews its seems to be pretty good and my buddy has a few bass pro shop's reels and i like the feel of them.

mchell

all you need to know about rods and reels. I have a Penn 440ss reel on a Uglystick Med. action rod. I catch everything from bluefish to panfish on that combo. And coming from NJ, I have to be ready to be snagged on bodies, garbage, old cars etc...lol

roadboy240sx
Car: I like Nissans

you can order from either both are great places, trust me go there over walmart you will be glad ya did, I would choose bass pro but thats just me as far as shipping goes i have never had any problems with either of them

trust me when im not working on my car im fishing or sleeping

Return to “The Great Outdoors”