First unhappy vibes with the 350

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Brought the Z in today for the vibration issue and what I believe to be low on power (228 hp on Dino)

I strongly suspect the 2 are related, the car is only a few weeks old and has about 3500 miles on it.

I wish I had told the tech to check the MAF connection as these cars are known for poor ground for that sensor, but I forgot and I cant do their job for them.

-The Dealer has no loaners!! Am I too pampered from buying Infiniti for years? I remember back when I had Infiniti's it was never a problem even when it was on older car I bought used elsewhere, and this car is only 8 weeks old, the most expensive car they sell and I bought it new there!! and still no loaner!, grr.-When I come back (after all the hassle of involved incoming in, on a work day as they dont to real work on saturdays (one service advisor told me when I came in on a Sat, they only do tire rotations and oil changes on Saturdays, whats up with that? Z takes no tire rotations anyway and oil changes I can get anywhere..)), all the "tech" did to the car was plug in the consult and find no codes!

So he did nothing to the car cuz there were no codes and I left the car there ALL DAY.

-Check the MAF connection/grounds? no-Do a BG intake cleaning/fogging in case the plenum/intake has some carbon build-up by the super easy drive -in miles? No-Ohm the injectors? No

Did <nothing> :

It would have been unthinkable at the Infiniti dealer, that a 8 week old car which is obvisouly running less than perfect and is documented marginal on power would get nothing done to it, to even attempt to alleviate the problem.

Quote: "if you want the injectors ohmed, thats beyond the warranty and your expense"

Fred...

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

Fred - If it would make you feel better I could get my car on the Dyno. I think the 228 RWHP was pretty close. Call me and I'll hook you up with a better Nissan service dept.

DAEDALUS
Car: 1990 Q45

PalmerWMD wrote:Quote: "if you want the injectors ohmed, thats beyond the warranty and your expense"
Hmmm. My thoughts on that: It's up to the shop as to how they want to troubleshoot a problem and to fix it. BUT if an injector ohms out of spec, meaning that there is actually a range for it listed in the FSM as there is for the Q, then the warranty should cover the part. Logically (to me anyway) the labor to replace the part should also be covered.

PalmerWMD

Rob,I might try to get them to agree to do the job and if all is fine I pay but if one of tehse injectors is different from the other kids they find a way to cover it.

Fred..

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

U shouldnt have to pay for anything if that car is under warranty, dont agree to pay for anythign fred. You just forked out 30 grand for that car, you deserve better service. Go in there and blow a gasket on them. Spaz out until they feel stupid and make them work on the car, then make sure you check over every little thing they did with a fine toothed comb to make sure they h haven't messed anything up. Don't trust anyone with that car, you paid for it. You deserve good treatment.

MOTOP
Car: 04 G35 sedan

Fred,

which dyno was used?

I saw 2k miles auto Z pull 227whp on Dynojet. I know you have a 6-speed and your numbers should be higher, but not that much higher. Should be somewhere in 235-238 range. Give it 4-5k miles more and dyno it again. As I suggested in the other post, change to synthetic oil and change tranny and diff fluids. People have reported a lot of metal flake on new (under 5k) cars in both liquids.

My g-tech showed a considerable decrease in 0-60 time after fluids were changed.
Modified by MOTOP at 12:21 PM 11/29/2004

PalmerWMD

MOTOP wrote:Fred,

which dyno was used?

I saw 2k miles auto Z pull 227whp on Dynojet. I know you have a 6-speed and your numbers should be higher, but not that much higher. Should be somewhere in 235-238 range. Give it 4-5k miles more and dyno it again. As I suggested in the other post, change to synthetic oil and change tranny and diff fluids. People have reported a lot of metal flake on new (under 5k) cars in both liquids.

My g-tech showed a considerable decrease in 0-60 time after fluids were changed. Modified by MOTOP at 12:21 PM 11/29/2004
It was on a Dynojet.

It also has newish Mobil1 10w-30 in it which made the result more disapointing as thats abiout as thin as you can get a 30 weight and its a sfull syn..

Tranny and VLSd fluid are still stock.Nissan manual tranny's call for GL-4 for the tranny and GL-5 for the VLSD.

Maybe I will get those done today.

Fred..

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

any update on it Fred? How's she runnin now?

PalmerWMD

idle is still a bit uneven at time, sometimes near perfect sometimes not.

Especially once I am fully warmed up.

I hope a grounding kit will fix this

Z_OMSIN
Car: 03 SUPERBLACK Z (performance)
92 SILVER 300ZX-TT
03 OBSIDIAN BLK FX45
11 FORD CROWN VIC (company car)

i'll stay tuned to your progress and results ....good luck on dealing with the car shop, btw which dealership are you going to ?

PalmerWMD

Z_OMSIN wrote:i'll stay tuned to your progress and results ....good luck on dealing with the car shop, btw which dealership are you going to ?
Thanks for the kind words.

Its Collins Nissan.

Fred

nsrZ32
Car: 90 300ZX TT, 78 280Z, 71 521 Pickup, 98 Sentra 2.0 SE, 02 Altima 3.5 SE, 01 Focus s2

Find a different Nissan dealer. There are 4 local to me and one is absolutely outstanding while another leaves a lot to be desired. Just like with anything....shop around if you can

Best of luck!

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”