first tune up for the 666cube....finally

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
damian666robin
Car: 2009 nissan cube

after abusing the poor cube a couple hundred miles over the tune up limit i finally got a chance to do it today biggest reazon of it is because i had so many things getting ready for it lol!so here we areac autotechnic batterie tie rodac autotechnic oil capac autotechnic oil block adaptormobil oil filtermobil 5w-30 oila full set of engine dress up stainless steel bolts with red washers (they replace your oem screws) for a more clean look

as you guys can see it was a very fun day the sensor for the oil temp is ready for the stri gauge

Heavy Metal Doctor

Very cool parts!!! I'm guessing the oil filter block adapter lets you use a bigger filter???

Oh....Please don't take it as flaming, but for future reference, most people consider a tune-up to involve spark plugs....what you have here is and oil change and some other cool accessories...Still great stuff

damian666robin

Heavy Metal Doctor wrote:Very cool parts!!! I'm guessing the oil filter block adapter lets you use a bigger filter???

Oh....Please don't take it as flaming, but for future reference, most people consider a tune-up to involve spark plugs....what you have here is and oil change and some other cool accessories...Still great stuff
yeah i hear you about the spark plugs i had it in my mind but to be honest with you i barely drive the cube and also when i saw that thing on top of the engine i was like hmm! i think i will get there next tune up lol!

the main function of the oil block adapter is give you the openings for gauge meters like oil temp or oil pres, this without tapping and drilling your engine oil pan which can be much more costly and riskyi used a mobil 1 filter that you can use still without the oil block adapter, but you do can use a bigger and even longer oil filter, somebody on the other cube forum used a longer oil filter made for the honda fit but it fitted just fine on the cube all diffenrece is that it is like 2 inches longer

bigjcvegas
Car: 2009 nissan cube 1.8 automatic,..pearl white

looks great,i just bought a pearl white cube,love it..i hardley put any miles on it,did u install the hood lifts,..nice ride.

damian666robin

bigjcvegas wrote:looks great,i just bought a pearl white cube,love it..i hardley put any miles on it,did u install the hood lifts,..nice ride.
welcome to the forums! and thanks for the cube build the hood dampers where installed by the guys at NRG but in general the installation is very straight forward

Heavy Metal Doctor

damian666robin wrote:the main function of the oil block adapter is give you the openings for gauge meters like oil temp or oil pres, this without tapping and drilling your engine oil pan which can be much more costly and risky
I'm diggin' that idea - no need to go huntin' for an oil pressure port somwhere in the block that could be very tough to work with / connect your gauge to.

Return to “Cube Forum”