First time post support needed

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
grunthaner
Car: 1985 Nissan 720 King Cab

Hi everyone. I'm not sure if this is the proper forum therefor please redirect me. I just acquired a 1 owner family 720, 1985 Nissan King Cab sport truck. I'm looking for direction as to where I can locate a drivers front turn signal lens and a few other parts. I see 720 world is shutting down so where else can I go for parts and support for my little truck? I have gotten some parts on eBay.
Thanks

MrShawn305
Car: 1983 Nissan 720 King Cab 4x4 Z24

I just checked rockauto.com, and they have the lens for your truck. I have an 83 and have been buying ALOT of parts from them for it lately. Seems like they really do have everything you would need and great prices. I got a 5% off code for them too in my email, and it said to share it so I will :) 2566234623848495 When you're in your cart, paste that into the "how did you hear about us" field and it will apply the discount. Hope this helps!

grunthaner

Thanks MrShawn305, I was able to locate everything at my local stores and eBay although I don't like the license plate lamp assembly I picked up at Napa as they don't seat properly so I may head to the Nissan dealer to see if I can order them unless Rockauto has them. I found the site via a Nissan 720 search and unfortunately after joining 720 World they are shutting down.

Can you tell me if all parts from the Datsun 720 are interchangeable with the Nissan 720? I'm guessing its like the Austin Healey Sprite and the MG Midget aka Spridget which I drive/repair now.

Any idea where I can find a drivers door? I would prefer a door skin as I have a small shop and can skin my door myself and it would be a nicer job being I'm not as good as I want to be with putty skimming.
Thanks in advance Linda

grunthaner

Tailgate lights are in and look great now but they don't work. I have a new set that uses the metal as a ground. I attached the brown wires to the brown power wire on the light and connected the orange wire. I'll check the fuses today. If it is not the fuse I'll trace the lines for a short unless someone has another idea. I am assuming these are all 12 volts right?
Linda

grunthaner

Forgot to reply everything works great. Just a little oxidation.
Thanks for all the support.

Return to “Datsun 720”