first time fishing tips

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
slip69
Car: 94 240sx convertible, 07 Dodge Charger

ok so one of my kids wants to go fishing and he's been asking for me to take him for awhile now. so im taking him this month but the thing is i dont know a damm thing about fishing!!! so we plan on going to a local spot here where we see people fishing all the time and I plan on taking a portable bar b q grill to cook the fish there( my wife hates the smell of fish in the house). so i just need advice on different ways i can prepare the fish for cooking and how to gut the damm thing. Or any advice you guys can give me so my sons first fishing experience is not a horrible one!! thanks

Fla240sx

catch and release!

unless its trout

MMMMMMMMMMMmm

nothing
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx

sorry for the late response. i just found this general discussion forum on nico. i hope this helps a little. http://www.dummies.com/WileyCD....html

fishing is the sh*t!

srpowered240sx
Car: 90 240sx-sr, 92 F-150, 00 bmw 323ci, 1991 s13 coupe, 99 F250 Dsl

cooking, easy way to do it would be to gut, squeeze lemon in it, salt/pepper/garlic, then wrap in foil. put on grill or campfire, flip after 10 minutes or so, wait another 5-10 depending on size, then pull off, let cool a few minutes, unwrap, scrape off skin, and enjoy.

gutting is not as fun, stick a knife the fishes exit hole, cut up to the bottom of lower jaw, open up, take everything out. then i like to cut off the head. wash thorougly.

turbowofford05z
Car: z33

First of all you have to catch fish before cleaning them,u should start there, deff get some worms and watch some fishing on tv if your clueless then just use bait and have fun. let me know if you have any questions about it ok

blindsnyper
Car: 2007 versa

this is the easiest way...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...lated

yangs13
Car: 1993 240sx-Dead, 2001 Maxima

blind_snyper wrote:this is the easiest way...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...lated
damn that was fast...

-bobber fish for panfish (blue gills, sunfish, crappie, etc.) with worms -get the kid a spin-cast reel (pushbutton one)-find a spot where fish are actually being caught like u mentioned-he probably will get things messed up and/or tangled the first time

mchell

I agree with the rest of the field. Find a dock, or a structure sticking out of the water (tree branches work)and a bobber and some worms. Meals worms are my favorite for panfish.Stick on line with a nighcrawler on it and cast it out and leave it on the bottom of the lake, might catch a catfish and they are good tasting.Remember- dusk or dawn, dusk when a full moon is out is bestGOOD LUCK!!!

eric313131
Car: 2003 M45

Bobbers and large nightcrawler. I fish for bass quite often. I use all kinds of baits some work very well, but for them to work there are tricks to moving the bait. And we fish for hour and not catch anything and boom you'll catch four nice ones in an hour. That would be boring for a kid. I from missouri so we fish at the lake of the ozarks. One day we come back from taking the boat all over the lake. I caught a couple 4-5 pounders my friend catches a 7 pounder. Those are very good size fish for that area, its not Texas or Cali. But anyways everyone on the dock was talking about Johns 11 pounders almost a lake record. John may have been 8 year old using a bobber and nightcrawlers. Boy did we feel like chumps. We thought we were the neat fishermen guys, that know it all. He was fishing straight of the end of the dock. Nightcrawler attract a lot of different fish also, this will increase his odds of catching fish. Make sure you don't set the bobber to deep. It only needs to be 2-4 feet deep. It just depends on the day. You will have to try different depths. You could also use the nightcrawlers and keep your line tight and fish for catfish. good luck.

1unar3clipse
Car: 93 240sx HB, 01 Dodge Dakota SLT

Return to “The Great Outdoors”