First Service

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
electech
Car: '02 Explorer Limited, '03 Escape Limited, '07 Versa SL HB CVT, Convenience group, splash guards, flo

Well, took the V in yesterday for the first oil change. It had a little less than 3600 miles on the odo. Got the oil and filter changed, then they said the backordered part had come in that day and did I have time to wait. I said sure, go for it. I was under the impression that the airbag, cover and assembly came as one unit but now I think all they replaced was the cover over the airbag on the dash. Either way, the thing looks new, the way it should have from day one. I then saw them scrambling all over the inside and bringing out all kinds of test equipment and then getting on the phone. I am thinking, oh junk, they have messed something up installing the airbag cover. Nope, they were trying to get the TPMS light out. During all this time, it came a monster hail storm and about that time, I am thinking my V is inside getting worked on! Usually, I am not that lucky. Anyway, the TPMS ended up being a left rear and right rear sensor being bad. They said neither one would register. So, oil/filter, airbag cover, and two tire sensors for $26.02.

BTW, the auto up feature would not work after the service visit so I did the retime/reset deal by holding the up button for 3 or 4 seconds after the window was up. Then run it back down and it worked perfectly!! Thanks to whoever posted that trick.
Modified by electech at 8:47 AM 9/29/2006

tummypony86

I am still waiting for my air bag cover which is on back order to come in.More people have asked me why I accepted the car with a faulty air bag cover. It wasn't noticed until we were half way home after picking it up.

Return to “Versa General Chat”