First real rain - talk about leaks!

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
ramrat

I noticed the front windows do not completely seal against the rubber. Is this a common occurrence with the 240sx? How do you or can you re-adjust the window so it seals better – i.e. is the window adjustable?

I also got water coming down from the front center roof molding (near the rear view mirror). Haven’t had a chance to look where the leak is since its still raining.

TrunkMonkey
Car: 2000 lincoln navigator

ramrat wrote:I noticed the front windows do not completely seal against the rubber. Is this a common occurrence with the 240sx? How do you or can you re-adjust the window so it seals better – i.e. is the window adjustable?
i don't think the window is adjustable. check your door panels. if they've ever been removed and not reinstalled correctly, the rubber/plastic stripping at the top of the panel will push the the window out. the biggest area to check is near the seatbelt tower.

Quote »I also got water coming down from the front center roof molding (near the rear view mirror). Haven’t had a chance to look where the leak is since its still raining.[/quote]i've got the same problem. my roof molding has two very serious cracks in it. all the weatherstripping looks top be in good shape, so i can only assume that this is my problem. make sure your top seats completely with the windshield header.

-demetrius

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”