First post, so let's make it a good one.

The web's first forum dedicated to the Nissan Juke and the Nissan Qazana.
Promise Land
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

Carpe Diem! Since this is the first post in the new Juke section, let's kick it off right.

What are you going to do with the new Juke? MR16DDT with a turbocharged 1.6L 180hp? New stereo, more horsepower, bigger wheels?

jdansmith
Car: 2008 Sentra 2.0S, 91 Sentra 1.6DHOC, 89 Hardbody Z24

^ +1 Need the MR16DDT with a turbocharged 1.6L 180hp to peak my interest.

chompsticks
Car: Cube Krom

I wonder if the MR16DDT will be able to fit in the Versa/cube models? They all do share the same platform and some versa parts are interchangeable with the cube.

D3stro

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

I foresee this thing owning the lower classes of the rally events, If they offer Full-time AWD I want one! I mean cmo0n Direct Injection, Turbo, AWD, this is what VW shouldve been doing with the TSI and FSI GTIs. Kudos Nissan way to go once again making cars that are out of this world. :bigthumb:

D3stro

The Juke will have the 6 speed MT FWD and CVT on AWD models.

ESP
Car: 2008 SexyBlack A/C

D3stro wrote:The Juke will have the 6 speed MT FWD and CVT on AWD models.
Is it confirmed that CVT will be the only option on AWD models? No chance of a 6-speed? If so...uber-pouty-face... :frown:

D3stro

ESP wrote:
D3stro wrote:The Juke will have the 6 speed MT FWD and CVT on AWD models.
Is it confirmed that CVT will be the only option on AWD models? No chance of a 6-speed? If so...uber-pouty-face... :frown:
Yes, it is. The CVT is going to be the only transmission for AWD model of the Juke.

It's kind of frustating that theses days, you ''can't'' really have what you want on a new car. By this, I mean that you'll have to deal with either a fully loaded car with options but with a transmission you don't really want to drive, or go with the base model which you don't really want just because it got the transmission you wanted so much.
It's everything or nearly nothing with no ''in between'' option. Maybe for some buyers it's great but for some not all. Totally understand the disapointement here about the only CVT with the AWD.

Johnnie
Car: 1990 240sx Fastback

That engine looks really good, any ideas on how soon the Juke is available?

D3stro

Johnnie wrote: That engine looks really good, any ideas on how soon the Juke is available?
Should be this autumn 2010 as a 2011 model. Price should be higher than a cube/Versa/Sentra but lower than a Rogue.

OctoberKillz
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube 1.8S

I first saw the Juke in person at the NYC Auto Show. The car is awesome looking, it's like a Murano with a radical change and sharp look to it, I really like it! Nissan is doing a great job with their lineup of cars IMO. :)

philipa_240sx

For those curious about the 1.6L Turbo motor... yes, that's a CVT (the cylindrical fluid heat exchanger gives it away):

Images courtesy Nissan:
http://newsroom.nissan-europe.com/EU/en ... mages.aspx

toovo1985

OctoberKillz wrote:I first saw the Juke in person at the NYC Auto Show. The car is awesome looking, it's like a Murano with a radical change and sharp look to it, I really like it! Nissan is doing a great job with their lineup of cars IMO. :)
Couldn't be more in agreement with you. I haven't seen it in person but already am a great fan of the juke :) it's absolutely amazing. I think it is a very soft combination of modern design with soft lines. Nissan did an awesome job in my opinion and it will definitely be another success for the brand

TBrack
Car: none

can't wait to pick one up!

NissanXEPIlot
Car: 95 NIssan Hardbody , 06 Nissan Sentra

I got to get a good up close and personal look at the Juke today while at work. Im impressed. Looked even roomier than my Sentra and the layout of all the comfort controls is nice. The dash and door trim even looks nice and clean, not cheap and gaudy looking like in some other models.

wingFeather
Car: Current: 05 G35 Coupe. Previous: M35, M35 Sport, cube, J30, s13 sr20det, s13 rb20det, s14 zenki

Open your mind to Nissan's latest CVT - Don't be afraid, it is one kick a** transmission!

NissanXEPIlot
Car: 95 NIssan Hardbody , 06 Nissan Sentra

wingFeather wrote:Open your mind to Nissan's latest CVT - Don't be afraid, it is one kick a** transmission!
But it's still not a MANUAL AWD! :cry:

PHENOMenalVinyl
Car: 08 altima coupe 2.5 mt

wingFeather wrote:Open your mind to Nissan's latest CVT - Don't be afraid, it is one kick a** transmission!
DISAGREE TOTALLY hahaha i hate the cvt its boring and dull. I dont understand how they wouldnt make the AWD with a manual tranny. They could have sold this car to such a broader class as stated above.....very disappointing

Return to “Juke Forum | Qazana Forum”