First post, Red Sport 400 impressions

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
rmyAddison
Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport

Just broke 1000 miles on my Obsidian over Stone RWD Red Sport, with Premium Plus and Driver Assistance packages. I did not want Direct Adaptive Steering or the Technology "nanny" package. I came from a G37 IPL with a K&K Typhoon cold air system and plus size Pilot Super Sports.

I really like the Red Sport. I shopped BMW 340i, Audi S4, and MB C450 AMG, the Red Sport is about $10K less expensive comparably equipped, and in Dallas you see BMW and Mercedes on every corner.

Pluses - the car is fast, 0-60 4.4 seconds is realistic. I've owned two 3.7 engines, G37 IPL and briefly a QX50, the new 3.0t does get better mileage, even driven hard. Tech is excellent, love the surround cameras and text to voice. The interior is entry level luxury, not quite up to the Germans, but also price appropriate, and the engine swayed me to the Red Sport.

Minuses - It't too quiet for a 400 HP car. Getting the Stillen Stage 2 cat back as soon as it's available. The Dunlop Sport Maxx 050 summer run flats get overwhelmed by the car, they will turn into plus size Pilot Super Sports down the road.

That's it, my first post on this forum, howdy folks.............. :)

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

WELCOME WELCOME!!! Very glad to have you aboard!

You got all the right things in your Red Sport. I'm considering moving from my 3.7L Q50S RWD to a Red Sport in a couple years (I'm house hunting right now... gotta do that first). I'm hearing so many great things - I really think this is the start of awesome things for the Infiniti brand.

You also have your eye on the right things - even the 3.7L Q50S needs tires. The run flats are garbage. As far as exhausts go, keep your eye on Fast Intentions. They're making serious power gains with it, and they're going to do the downpipes in addition to the catback. I'm really looking forward to the aftermarket response to this car. Really exciting times.

rmyAddison
Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport

Thanks for the welcome !!

My dealer is waiting for Stillen to release their Stage 2 catback, then I'm having the chrome grill frame painted (not wrapped) to match the body (Obsidian Black) and adding splash guards, all at the same time. When the Dunlops go, back to Pilot Super Sports, which I've used for years.

The car is fast, even with the crappy tires, very much a sleeper. Valet worthy at a fine restaurant, and a beast when you want surprise a German or two, unless an M/AMG/RS they are outgunned.....

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Welcome to NICO. I've driven a RS400 but was not able to get on it much as it was not a dealership I usually deal with. Seemed to have more power but based upon dyno tests it seems to hide it well.

If you want splash guards I picked mine up from tunerzstore.com and the install is below:
http://infinitiq50.net/Q50-Rear-Splash- ... stall.html
http://infinitiq50.net/Q50-Front-Splash ... stall.html

Bigger and stickier tires should work just fine. I'm running PSS on my G37 but running ContiExtreme DWS on my Q50x AWD (275-35-19 and 245-40-19) due to winter driving requirements. It doesn't hold as well as the 300-rated PSS but that's to be expected from 500-rated tires.

zmanq50
Car: 2008 G35X

Hi Audtatious ,
I've been trying to figure out how to delete my registration? Just not for me. Thanks

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”