first out of state trip with the vert

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
cereal2k
Car: 2009 G37S Convertible,2003 G35 Sedan

Headed to palm coast to drop off my g35 sedan at my mom's place.
We had a 1st gen sedan and latest gen G vert cruise going.

So in preparation for road debris I did a little taping up of the front of the vert
with some painters tape. Cause all the cool kids are doing it, hahaha. In anycase I did not
have time to actually finish up with the taping and some places held together better more than
others.

I'm not so thrilled with the bumper portion, but but the front of the hood held up well.
I think I may get colgan bra for long road trips next

Interestingly enough, I think there is less road debris when travelling at night due to less cars on the road
so that's something to consider when to tape or not.

Some before pics during the taping.

At this point I never got to finish it prior to heading out. Somewhat fail, haha.

After about 300 plus miles, 70mph cruise speeds.

At the final destination

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

For me, I'd rather just re-paint the bumper if it gets to many scratches/chips. But to each his own!

You still have one of the hottest looking G 'verts around! show it off!

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

Wow Cereal - that is pretty extreme!!
You are truly fanatical about your ride.
I agree with Joe - drive it and enjoy it & fix as needed.

Maybe you should get a 3M clear bra or similar front end protector so you don't need to deal with that chore each trip.

Do not use a typical car bra - it will F your car up way worse than road debris...
Thanks for sharing.

cereal2k

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm not sure of the any maintenance if needed for the clear bra. The deal with the leather one is you just have to take it off as soon as the trip is done and not let dirt settle around the edges. Apart from that I don't know of any other issues oh and I guess making sure the underside of the leather bra is clean when using it next.

I really not that extreme :crazy: :chuckle: and believe me I am enjoying it. I think that color painters blue would be a good color for the G.

cereal2k

An update on this, so it took about 3 months to get the coolgan car bra which was on back order.

In anycase I got it and use it on a mountain run recently. I'll post the vids.

here's a quick rolling shot with it.

one draw back though is that the clips just by the fender are not really allowing for any hook ins to be made.

I'll see about comparing this with a G37 coupe at the next local meet. So, I was able to get it tucked in but it's not secure as I would like.

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”