First JDM car - R32 GTS4 rb26 - (need some advice please)

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
eddie99
Car: 1998 Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-4

Hi all to the community, I am new in the JDM scene and i am so exited!
i would like some advice from all and possibly what i can do, will try to add as much as detail in for everyone !

I have recently purchased a r32 gts4 skyline with a rb26 in it. so the previous owner had it for 6 years and always serviced ect it every 5000kms, the engine now has 180 xxx kms on it. back to the question, he had issues with the twins so he removed them and bought a single turbo garret gtw3884 and a manifold and wastegate to suit. he then lost interest and the car sat for 6 months. i have purchased the car like this and went to 2 tuning shops these are my options

Also i have made contact and the previous owner is happy to give me the previous twin turbos (gt2859r-9)

1) tune shop 1- chuck n5s 2860s turbos, aftermarket manifold, dump pipe + tune

2) tune shop 2- bring the car in (with the twins again) and they will have a look at it because it might be the load limit and the turbos might be fine. they also said i might have to look into a rebuild as its at 180 000kms.

3) ????

also its got a old school apexi fc commander and i am planning to get a haltec ecu, walbro fuel pump and a few other bits
mods that i also know the car has is 880cc injectors, oem high flow.

thanks everyone for reading this! i hope all is having a lovely day / night

eddie99
Car: 1998 Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-4

ppls help me

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”