first impressions of white bunny with 11lbs flywheel

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
neverlift

I must say I am much happier now!

I dropped a solid 20~21lbs from the rotating assembly with the flywheel install. Car revs a LOT faster than with the beefy 32lb oem style flywheel. What would normally be a 2.5~3k rev is now trying to hit 4+k rpms. Clutch is still very large and heavy itself so I assume the setup is about what a stock 240sx clutch/flywheel weighs.

Noticed I had a harder time keeping under the limit so I have to watch myself. New clutch went in with this so I am yet to give it the go pedal. Let everyone know how it is after I break in.

for those wondering about the d21 throw out bearing and pilot bushing working in the 240sx, YES THEY DO, the tob is bigger and the entire outside rotates, assuming larger bearings inside = good. Pedal is soft, but the new clutch disc looked better quality(had copper instead of fabric like material on the old unit)

eazye2000
Car: S13 KA-DET

Damn man. Where the hell did you find a 32lb OEM flywheel? I'm assuming you're talking about for the KA? I weighed mine and it was 20.5 pounds (give or take that half pound)

I just put in an RB20 stock flywheel, and it's only 21 pounds. I had a light flywheel and crank pulley, but that sumbish' revved WAY too fast... I went back to stock balancer and that RB flywheel. Much better daily driving for me. I used a 350z stage 3 clutch.

So you used a D21 lightened flywheel? I'm glad people are putting this info out there. But I'm usually the one trying to steer people away from the 'white bunny' setup and go straight for the RB flywheel/350z clutch setup :gapteeth:

for sh!tz and gigglez, here's a pic of the stocker on a scale.

neverlift

the autozone special was 32lbs(93 nissan hardbody), I inquired about an rb flywheel and the guy weighed it, said it was around 28. I assumed it was resurfaced at some point. It was from an rb20? I passed on it I figured why would I spend half what an 11 pounder cost to save a few lbs.
I am only making half the power you are so no it cant rev fast enough! muhahah

Its an rb20 lightened chromoly flywheel from ebay, looked top notch quality to me, much better than the autozone unit was, even came with alignment pins.
I got it for like 50 under the list price hehe.

I know about the 350z clutch and tried to get the guy at autozone to hook it up but he was like I shouldnt replace your LIFETIME warranty clutch but I would have caused a scene , if its toasted they have to replace that ish! On a side note the new d21 clutch is way better quality as far as the friction surfaces.

I am at about 250~300 miles and already hit the spot. No slips other than what I have done purposely.
holding 9psi daily. I just need more fuel :(

D-UNIT
Car: a 91' S13 (15.014 @ 94.56mph NA) KA-T

Wow this is great info. I was really looking into this white bunny set-up , then I read up on the other RB/350Z combo set-up. I was really interested in buying the later , due to the 450 ft lbs holding power of the 350Z clutch! That is until I priced it out. I'm not going to buy "stock" style parts , I want high performance! So I found a lightweight ( 11 lbs ) RB20 flywheel for 385 + shipping , and a Stage 4 350Z clutch ( of your choice ) about $550 + shipping. So thats about $1000!!

Even my current set-up which is a JWT lightweight Flywheel ( $425 + ship) and Stage five CompClutch ($405) Cost me $900!! I don't like it because the tiny 225mm stock diameter clutch disc doesn't like pushing 350 ft-lbs through 255/40r18 rear tires in the upper gears. I mean its a great combo it just didn't last as long as I'd hoped. Thats why I want to upgrade , but why spend another $900 for 550 ft lbs of holding when you could buy this :

Spec MINI twin - 800 ft-lbs of holding $1259 http://www.frsport.com/SPEC-SN54MTR-Min ... 25640.html or
CompClutch Multi - plate CCI clutch $1150
http://www.competitionclutch.com/produc ... hp?id=1200

The white bunny is great and the RB/350Z combo is even better , but in a world with $250 ebay turbos that can flow 600hp (???) haha , those two are not going to cut it ( irony is a MFer , I know!) Just save up your money and buy the real deal ( if you don't want too buy twice!!! like me).

note : all current JWT Flywheels for the KA24DE support 250mm clutch discs....

neverlift

wow, you are gonna have more in clutch parts than my car is worth.

the original setup I had held 18psi daily for 2 weeks and a couple 25+psi spikes. No slipping, went back to smaller injectors and less boost, put on larger tires 225 55 17 and she wanted to slip.(d21 fw and d21 clutch kit from autozone)
New setup with ebay flywheel and warrantied clutch kit has seen 11psi on 225 45 17 and I cant say it has slipped once.

In the end budget is what pushed me to the white bunny. I think even buying 2 flywheels and tranny fluid 3 times(got gl5 mistakenly) I still had less than 450 bux in it.Not bad considering I can now run whatever clutch disc I want, be it an rb/d21/z33/z31nt.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”