First generation engine manifold heat shield

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Any way to slip out after unbolting? No matter how I maneuver it, the darn cover won’t come out. :bang

casperfun

Nissan has got to be the stupidest car company in the world. Only they would have a stuck heat shield after removing all the bolts. No wonder the previous ceo had to hide in a cello case to escape justice.

F*ck Nissan. :bigfu:

casperfun

I finally ripped it off while breaking a few things along the way. I will not be installing that piece of non- fitting crap back into my Rogue. Instead I’m getting some better protection like Header heat shield armor.

This way I can fit it easier going back in. That was some pain in the a$$ Nissan craftsmanship for you. Damn wasted hours of my life with that sheet metal. :tantrum: :soap: :tantrum:

C-ya
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

LOL! If I ever have to remove it, I'll keep this in mind. May even be armed with a cutoff wheel or a sawzall.

casperfun

Stupid me thought the heat shield was the east part AFTER going to Harbor Freight earlier that day to buy an axle grinder, grinding disc, and cutting disc to remove the LAST bolt on the top right!

I didn’t know what the hell I was doing but half way through I remembered this guy on Reddit.

So I put on my safety goggles, n95 mask, and bicycle helmet on sans gloves. I already delt with the Rogue Springs and compressors but this is more dangerous to me.

But after removing that bolt, I ended up with a mind/bending heat shield metal puzzle where you can’t remove it.

I almost wanted to use my axle grinder but I already took a chance on fate and decided to torture myself trying to remove the damn thing.

On my 2009, if you don’t spend hours, you might find the nano-atom size clearance to bust this thing out while breaking a few brackets. I did disconnect the oxygen sensor but I didn’t know how to remove bracket until I broke it. And I didn’t know how to disconnect the o2 sensor until I found a non-English speaking guy on YouTube show me how too. :bowrofl:

Oh yeah that same 1 last bolt stopped me from ever changing my thermostat previously until I got a dreaded code recently.

I’m actually thinking about using the axle grinder to safely cut the oem heat cover and maybe use it in front of the heat armor I ordered on Amazon for $98 and right after I got that last one, the next batch showed up for $129 so I was lucky there.
:mike

worldbikr
Car: na

I just replaced stuck open thermostat on my 2008. It was a bugger prying the heat shield out. 4 bolts no problem. Now I get heat a lot quicker. I'll be spoiled rotten this winter since now it takes 5 min to heat up instead of 20+ last winter.

Return to “Rogue Forum”