First gen Rogue front strut recommendations?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
debelke
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

2009 Rogue SL AWD; driver side lower spring support plate bent/pushed 1/2" down, car has 152,000 miles so I'm going to replace them myself (rears too eventually). My research and prior experience is that KYB is OEM for this car, I used them in my Subaru Outback and liked them. And they have a pre-assembled strut/spring assembly that makes it easier (SR 4436 and -37). Price is reasonable, but they're hard to find. Monroe makes a pre-assembled "Quick-strut" (272609 and -608) that's a little more expensive, easier to find. Anyone have any experience with either, good/bad? Car is 99% highway use, some dirt/rough road camping. Would like original ride quality/height or at most a slightly heavier duty spring/shock. I'm sure either will do and I probably couldn't tell the difference. I can't find any stats on spring rate from either manufacturer. Monroe advertises more so they may be overpriced on that basis. I've always bought components separately and assembled myself, but this time I want something quicker/easier. I know Koni and Bilstein are great, have used both in past, but not much quality stuff in pre-assembled units. These 2 seem to be the best in the pre-assembled strut options. Any thoughts/comments appreciated.
Last edited by Rogue One on Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise title

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Scotty Kilmer scared me on aftermarket quick struts.

I would go to a junkyard and get oem struts or buy off ebay. My 12 yr old struts still good.

The kyb rear shocks are good though which I changed a half decade ago I believe. :mike

D1dad
Car: 2021 Nissan Altima SR
2018 Nissan Rogue Midnight
2009 Nissan Altima SL

If your going with a ready strut I’d definetely stick with kyb. I used Gabriels on my 09 Altima and while they’re fine, they made the ride much stiffer around town. On the highway they’re ok. If I could have done it all over again I’d have went with a kyb strut and reused the factory spring which is what keeps the ride close to factory. Remove the strut assembly and take it to a shop and have them install the new strut, assuming all other parts are in good shape. Even with a firmer ride the Gabriel’s improved the handling 10 fold.

Return to “Rogue Forum”