finished big three upgrade with pictures

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
bronson96792
Car: 2007 altima 2.5s dark slate

this is my ground to the negative battery terminal

here is my knukonceptz 1/0 gauge bat terminal

this is my engine block to chassis, i wanted to do that large bolt on the corner but i couldn't get it off with my ratchet

a closer picture of the small bolt that i used on the engine block

connection to the alt

i followed the existing wire and used some zip ties to keep it in place

alt connection to positive battery. (does anybody know how i would connect the fuse box to a battery terminal like the one i have on my negative post???)

and we are done.... it was actually pretty simple assuming that i got all the connections right. hopefully this can help people out who are curious to how this is done

rjdmmfl1
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe, Radiant Silver, 3.5SE, Premium Package, VDC

bronson96792 wrote:this is my ground to the negative battery terminal

here is my knukonceptz 1/0 gauge bat terminal

this is my engine block to chassis, i wanted to do that large bolt on the corner but i couldn't get it off with my ratchet

a closer picture of the small bolt that i used on the engine block

connection to the alt

i followed the existing wire and used some zip ties to keep it in place

alt connection to positive battery. (does anybody know how i would connect the fuse box to a battery terminal like the one i have on my negative post???)

and we are done.... it was actually pretty simple assuming that i got all the connections right. hopefully this can help people out who are curious to how this is done
OK,1st the terminal you used to attach the o gauge wire to the alternator is WAAAYY TOO CLOSE to the ground next to it. You should IMMEDIATELY change this... if that positive power hits the metal next to it.. BOOM! Sparks will fly, and you will have serious problems!

2nd if you want to add the 3 way o gauge setup on the positive terminal... just get a bit of o gauge wire (2-8 inches), connect one end into the 3 way terminal. connect a 0 gauge ring terminal to the other end and attach that to the factory fuse distribution block. rom there, you can neatly tuck it away behind the battery, or simply add some velcro and attach it to the sie of the battery. Be sure to wrap it all in electrical tape so that you don't hit any of the ground in the engine bay! THis is what I plan to do when I have a free day to do it!

bronson96792
Car: 2007 altima 2.5s dark slate

thanks for the reply doci wanted to move it to the right side of the original wire but the dip stick is in the way so i wrapped it in electrical tape and tried to push it far as possible and this is what i got

will this be ok????

rjdmmfl1
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe, Radiant Silver, 3.5SE, Premium Package, VDC

bronson96792 wrote:thanks for the reply doci wanted to move it to the right side of the original wire but the dip stick is in the way so i wrapped it in electrical tape and tried to push it far as possible and this is what i got

will this be ok????
honesly, I would wrap it a few more times... positive to negative contact can easily burn through a couple layers of electrical tape... other than that... Good job!

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”