Find +12V source inside Juke

The web's first forum dedicated to the Nissan Juke and the Nissan Qazana.
bobuzi
Car: Juke

Find +12V source inside Juke

Postby bobuzi » Tue May 02, 2017 12:09 pm

Hello!
I need a +12V source for installing a GPS tracker (like TK103).
Anyone can help me to find +12V source (also switched) inside Juke?
Whitout cut wires :-)

Tnx

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Re: Find +12V source inside Juke

Postby centralcoaster33 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:41 pm

Hey, welcome to NICO Club!

You mean, like the cigarette lighter sockets? Those are switched 12v sources. Most cars don't hide extra ones of those. So you either "T" into an existing one or your re-purpose it for your use and eliminate the socket.

macgiver

Re: Find +12V source inside Juke

Postby macgiver » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:50 pm

mac here, centralcoaster33 has got the "quick & dirty" ,probably easiest to do undo etc. and I would do it first before getting "hot 'n heavy" in a deeper job 1) to see if that new whatever GPS IS what you want , where you want it , and if it works and something else may have to replace it & needs a slightly different install.
But on left END of dash (drvr's) that's covered when door is shut is the "inside" fuse panel where you can either get spade plug-ins(not the best thing) , or specialty fuse that gives "a hot-wire out" , or you can make one by soldering onto one of the metal recessed contacts (of two on top of fuse) with a wire - going out and through the dash ,under dash , or & up along low window ledging etc. Just make sure the "wire out " is the load side , in other words not the contact that's HOT (in this case switched) ! Glen 11/18/2017 :cool:

Return to “Juke Forum | Qazana Forum”