Finally some media coverage for the VERSA!!

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
savagehenry
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL

found this ad in the new rolling stone. 1st time i see any u.s. advertisement for the 2007 nissan VERSA

c5neb
Car: 2007 Fresh Powder Versa SL

Nice ad! It seems that Toyota is going crazy with ads for the Yaris. We need some coverage with the Versa. Are you listening Nissan?

XterraVersa
Car: Nissan Xterra & Nismo 350Z

c5neb wrote:Nice ad! It seems that Toyota is going crazy with ads for the Yaris. We need some coverage with the Versa. Are you listening Nissan?
Why waste money in advertising if the cars are selling themselves? It saves us money by not having Nissan up the cost to pay for the advertising.

I have seen commercials to win a Versa with one of the singing reality shows.

ilusha55

I wish there were more Nissan versa reviews out there, c’mon people; i read the same damn article about this car for 15 times now! It's time for some major magazine to test the car for long term drive.

Funny coming from a guy who already ordered the car, you say...

toby

To be honest, I'm glad there's little to no media attention being paid to the Versa, as it prevents tons of people from going out to get one. I like having an affordable, yet unique car. I see lots of Yarises on the road, but have yet to see another Versa in my area, and I LOVE IT!!! Everybody and their grandma stares at the car... at lights, driving down the road, parked at the 7-Eleven... And I wouldn't have it any other way!

electech
Car: '02 Explorer Limited, '03 Escape Limited, '07 Versa SL HB CVT, Convenience group, splash guards, flo

Same here!! I have not seen another Versa yet on the road although there has to be because all of them got bought before I got there most of the time!!! Imagine how much harder it would be to get one if there was advertising!!!

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

I drive for work a lot in the greater Seattle area, a metropolis of over 1.5 million people (when you include the suburbs I also drive in). I have seen only 2 other Versas, a silver SL CVT and a white S.

I know there's a lot more out there. After all, I haven't run into any of the other Seattleites on the board.

Sahandman
Car: civic

how much of versa's does nissan plan to sell in north america? is the versa's success and mass sale important to the company?

I dont know if u guys have the road & track tv show in the u.s but in canada we have the show where they test 3 news cars every episode and give reviews as they drive the car. Well i think they should do one of those for the versa.

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

Expectations and reality can be two very different things. According to AZhitman's info, Nissan expected to sell only 1400 in July. They actually sold 2800.

We'll see how this month goes, but at that rate they would theoretically sell 36,000 per year... not a bad number at all.

This is also preliminary figures before "ramping up" production, which theoretically still has yet to happen.

Kermee

I think I saw a White S Versa also the other day around Seattle.

Still see a lot more Honda Fit's than Yaris or Versa until I'm into B.C. like Richmond or Vancouver. Then there's a ton of Yaris's all over the place!

Cheers,Kermee

Return to “Versa General Chat”