Finally got my wheels installed.

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Trendwho205
Car: 2007 Infiniti M45 Sport

I finally got my wheels put on about a month month ago.I've been trying to get on the forum to post pictures but been extremely busy with work. the wheels look great in my opinion, I know a lot of you guys on here really don't like the big will look, but to each his own. I decided to go with a 22 inch wheel I like the look of the 20 inch but I don't like the gap that it leaves there is even a gap with the 22s, but they look better in my opinion. I went with a staggered setup, 22 by 9 up front. and 22 by 10.5 on the rear. I had to do a lot of research to find out what would fit best and there aren't any shops in my area that do test fitting. besides all of the will shops in my area wheels were just extreme to high compared to online prices. the offset is +35 upfront and +45 on the rear. I also did a 235/30/22 up front and a 285/25/22 on the rear. When I ordered my wheels to test fit them I was a little worried because the rear wheels stuck out about 2mm. But I went to get the tires mounted and once they were on it was fine. There is about 6mm left for backspacing with a +45 offset. A +48 offset would be perfect but if your car is equipped with Rear Active Steering you must leave room for the wheels to turn. There is no rub upfront at all. There is a ever so slight whisper of a scrape when going over deep imperfections on the highway but other than that silky smooth. however wheels and tires do not touch body at all because the fenders on the rear are factory rolled. any scraping is because of the weather guard that are made of plastic and felt underneath the wheel well. I am still on stock springs so the car sits kinda high I also don't have any negative camber either, this is one way I believe I can have the hella flush look. But till then it will just have to wait. Also if your going with wheels this size I highly recommend hub centric spacers and all new wheel studs I broke like 7 studs when I took them off to paint my rusted rotors. Pics below

ImageImage
ImageImage

Just Ask
Car: 2007 M45 Sport
Serengeti Sand/Graphite w/Aluminum

Nice choice!

DH3
Car: 2006 M45S

Stunning!

Must look sick in motion.

Trendwho205

Oh yeah it does. I painted my rusty rotors yesterday. Pic coming up

bicsintegra
Car: '06 Infiniti M35
'06 Infiniti G35 coupe
'11 Ford F-150 FX4
'13 Ford Edge Sport

are the rims close in color to the car? if you could match them up and then get the cross drilled and slotted rotors that would set the look on fire! IMO!

Trendwho205

bicsintegra wrote:are the rims close in color to the car? if you could match them up and then get the cross drilled and slotted rotors that would set the look on fire! IMO!
Gr8 minds think alike. I actually went to a car show in my area call JDM Sundays and I talked to a guy about painting the inside and edges of the spokes to color match my car. I want to leave the face machined. I also plan on putting the Akebono big brake kit soon with the drilled rotors

Trendwho205

bicsintegra wrote:are the rims close in color to the car? if you could match them up and then get the cross drilled and slotted rotors that would set the look on fire! IMO!

I ended up painting my room rotors because they were rested. The pictures don't do justice. I think I chose the right color didn't want to do black wanted something that would kind of stand off but be subtle.

ImageImageImage

pegasus
Car: 2008 M45S

Sharp.

Jmc1080
Car: 2006 M35X

Look good.

Trendwho205

Thanks guys I'm doing all the work myself so it's kind of slow but I will be making a lot of progress this spring and summer

bicsintegra
'06 Infiniti G35 coupe
'11 Ford F-150 FX4
'13 Ford Edge Sport

Trendwho205 wrote:

I ended up painting my room rotors because they were rested. The pictures don't do justice. I think I chose the right color didn't want to do black wanted something that would kind of stand off but be subtle.

ImageImageImage
I like that too, I have cross drilled/slotted rotors, I recently saw on ebay they have the carbon/zinc rotors that come in black and gold. I was thinking about the black rotors for my M, below is the link. the big brake kit is just too expensive for my budget right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-REAR-KIT- ... 47&vxp=mtr

stm37s
Car: 2012 300 SRT8
2011 M37S
2006 Range Rover HSE (Wife's Ride)
2012 Camaro LS (Wife's Ride)
95 Impala SS (sold)
2004 Impala SS (sold)
2012 Hyundai Veloster (Daughters Ride)

[quote="Trendwho205"]I finally got my wheels put on about a month month ago.I've been trying to get on the forum to post pictures but been extremely busy with work. the wheels look great in my opinion, I know a lot of you guys on here really don't like the big will look, but to each his own. I decided to go with a 22 inch wheel I like the look of the 20 inch but I don't like the gap that it leaves there is even a gap with the 22s, but they look better in my opinion. I went with a staggered setup, 22 by 9 up front. and 22 by 10.5 on the rear. I had to do a lot of research to find out what would fit best and there aren't any shops in my area that do test fitting. besides all of the will shops in my area wheels were just extreme to high compared to online prices. the offset is +35 upfront and +45 on the rear. I also did a 235/30/22 up front and a 285/25/22 on the rear. When I ordered my wheels to test fit them I was a little worried because the rear wheels stuck out about 2mm. But I went to get the tires mounted and once they were on it was fine. There is about 6mm left for backspacing with a +45 offset. A +48 offset would be perfect but if your car is equipped with Rear Active Steering you must leave room for the wheels to turn. There is no rub upfront at all. There is a ever so slight whisper of a scrape when going over deep imperfections on the highway but other than that silky smooth. however wheels and tires do not touch body at all because the fenders on the rear are factory rolled. any scraping is because of the weather guard that are made of plastic and felt underneath the wheel well. I am still on stock springs so the car sits kinda high I also don't have any negative camber either, this is one way I believe I can have the hella flush look. But till then it will just have to wait. Also if your going with wheels this size I highly recommend hub centric spacers and all new wheel studs I broke like 7 studs when I took them off to paint my rusted rotors. Pics below

Looking good man, fit & finish looks great :bigthumb:

ImageImage

reggiebad1
Car: 06 m45s

Hey im looking to Do same setup on my m45s and I see u said that the 10.5 will work with no subbing.u can call me if u can I like to get sum more info from u before I order them this slit.....

reggiebad1

843-245-1433

debiniarthug
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35 - Luxury Tech Package
2004 Maxima-Driver Package
2000 Maxima

Trendwho205 wrote:

ImageImageImage
What type of paint and what process did you use to paint your rotors?

Process - did you paint the entire rotor - let it dry then go out driving to remove where the paint touch the pad?
or
Did you tape off the area where the brake pad touch.

I have some rotors in the mail so i want to paint them before installing them. Any advice?

Trendwho205

reggiebad1 wrote:843-245-1433
Everything that you need to know is in my original post. Offsets and tire sizes are listed. However if you have an four wheel dive model I don't know if this setup will work.

Trendwho205

I taped them off. Also it is best to use engine enamel vs caliper paint due to high heat the can occur. I have to repaint one of mine because of a caliper that seized up. I literally burned the paint because it got so hot . I will say that if you can paint the and have your rotors resurfaced afterwards it is way less time consuming. However I wouldn't paint and drive to let paint come off

bicsintegra
'06 Infiniti G35 coupe
'11 Ford F-150 FX4
'13 Ford Edge Sport

Trendwho205 wrote:

ImageImageImage

I like that set up too, I was also looking at the carbon/zinc gold and black rotors on ebay for my car. my M is dark blue so I might have to get the gold zinc rotors and then paint the calipers to match the rotors. But I have to consult with my budget because I still have not been able to install the 08 sport front bumper or the side skirts or the rear valence on the car. Looks awesome I swish My M was grey or black.

mexillis
Car: M45s

I think you mean to buy hub centric rings not spacers. Only needed if the bore of the new wheels aren't 66.1

Trendwho205

Your righT I did mean Rings

reggiebad1

Hey I'm trying to do the same setup on wheels on my m45 I just need to know will the 285/25/22 fit with no problem.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”