Finally got my M35X

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
dralison
Car: Infiniti M35X

Thanks to the folks here for answering some of the questions I've posted over the last month or so - this board has been a great resource for me. Last night I took delivery of my new M35X. Diamond Graphite/Graphite int., Journey, Tech, XM and 18" chromes. What a fantastic car - my wife and the kids all were in awe. Had the windows tinted at the dealer, now all I really want to do is lower it slightly and figure out a way to get my iPod Nano integrated.

I bought the car from Infiniti of Chantilly here in No. Virginia. Paul Ballard, the salesman, was fantastic. He was patient throughout the month and a half of me visiting the dealership and trying out several different models plus he gave me an excellent price.
Modified by dralison at 6:05 AM 6/16/2006

Bugaboo
Car: J30

Congrats, you'll love the car. I get to drive them everyday.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Congratulations! Please write up your driving experiences with it when you get a chance!

Z

dralison

szhosain wrote:Congratulations! Please write up your driving experiences with it when you get a chance!

Z
Be careful what you ask for Z

Just drove the car 180 miles in the first day taking the family on a trip. Playing with the wonderful toys in the car kept me entertained so the trip went by quickly. Since I'm trying to break it in properly I had to vary my speed and tried to keep it under 65 most of the time - that was a serious challenge.

Maybe I'm looking at this car through rose colored glasses but I couldn't find anything that didn't perform to my expectations or exceed them. I had been concerned about the headlight performance but that was unfounded - they were fine. I was also concerned with mileage but so far on my initial tank I am averaging 21.2 MPG - likely because I am driving so conservatively and quite a bit of that drive (3/4) was highway.

Before I purchased the car I was prepared to disable the LDW but found that it was very useful as the day wore on and I would occasionally drift a bit in the lane - worked very well. The intelligent cruise control was excellent - a big part of our drive to the beach was on roads that had some traffic and speeds would go from 45 to 60 - the M35 simply paced the car in front of me.

Sound quality is also excellent - stunning even. All I have is the demo 5.1 DVD and enjoyed playing that to see what the system is capable of. Sound quality of the XM was acceptable coming from the system I had in my BMW - though I will tend to listen to XM more for sports talk and comedy so it's not as important to me.

Handling was also very good. Coming from a BMW 540 Sport I expected to find the car a little softer, which it is. The steering feels very tight and responsive and it has a much better turning radius than the BMW did.

Hands free voice system is very, very cool. It's also the only way to navigate through the XM channels - spinning the control knob to get from channel 7 to channel 51 just takes too long.

I used the Bluetooth with my Sprint based PC6700 phone and it worked well - though it transfered names from my phone book into the car memory it didn't do that properly - I have to work on that.

Bottom line: I couldn't be happier with this car.

TXSJaybird

Congrats!

Spending more time in the garage than usual??

A year later, and I still find myself going out to look at mine (well, whens it clean at least)

DG is a great color. Almost wish I went that route...but the black seduced me at the dealership.

Any thoughts of an aero kit? In my opinion, thats what really makes the car. I tried to go without it at first....just couldnt do it...

dralison

TXSJaybird wrote:...Any thoughts of an aero kit? In my opinion, thats what really makes the car. I tried to go without it at first....just couldnt do it...
Yes, I thought about the aero but decided not to since it's an M35X. I am going to try to find a spring kit for it and lower it by an inch or so, then see from there if the aero will be needed to finish the look.

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

dralisonUse the "skip" or button (Radio seak forward or backward), when on SAT radio, and it will move it approx 10 stations at a time also;tk

dralison

Great tip tkeskic - thanks!

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”