finally got a 350Z

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
rhruska
Car: 2006 350Z

hello everyone! i was just searching the web for some information on my car and this site seems to be the best site for the 350Z. this site kept me away from the problems of buying a 2003 with warranty coming to an end that might have tranny problems in the future. yesterday i bought an interlagos fire 2006 350Z. does anyone know how many of these are out there? this is the only one i have seen in this color so far and drove 2 hours to get it....hopefully i will never need to do paintwork on it. i'll attach a picture, off to work to pay off the car.

rhruska

does anyone know the stock 1/4 mile time for this car? i think i read somewhere that the stock time for others is 13.9 so should this car be right around there or maybe a little better because it has a little more hp

Nick240sx
Car: 2009 Ford Fusion SE Sport

nice color! i saw one 350z in the color cause i thought it stood out and ive seen every color Z. but thats all the way up here in PA and its still in the dealership.

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

there is a convertable in my parking lot at work with that color. Very nice!! Congrats on your new Z

rhruska

this color seems to be really similar to the brickyard color in 2003...in low light that is. in lots of light the color changes to more of a copper color. i'm so glad i found this one instead of silverstone metallic. it's still a little to early for mods (200 miles), but what are some good bang for the buck mods for this car to get it running solid 13's. also, does catback exhaust and CAI void warranty? do the parts have to be installed by a dealership? please help me mod my car without voiding warranty. in a week i'm going back to the dealership to get the stock spoiler on, dark tint, and maybe CAI...

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

As long as you don't touch the engine internals, or change some suspension parts, it will not void the factory warranty. Adding a CAI and a cat-back will NOT void your warranty, but headers might depending on the dealer. However, lets say there's a problem with the fuel system; the dealer can't blame it on a mod that doesn't have anything to do it, ie headers. Now if you throw a supercharger on it, thats a different story...

To answer your question, you can easily get into the 13's with basic intake/exhaust mods.

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

OEM/dealerships can not "void" your warranty for having aftermarket parts. In fact, they still have to honor it so long as it's not the aftermarket part itself that failed and/or the aftermarket part did not cause the failure. The Magnussen-Moss Act protects us from this.

This is not to say dealerships won't tell you the warranty is no good with the parts you put on it. Some are mod friendly, but others may give you a hard time. If you must deal with the latter, it would be a plus to know your rights.

rhruska

good to know, now i need to know some good sites to by CAI...i have a feeling nismo is still overprices with 25% discount

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”