General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

skoobahead
Car: Powder 1.8SL CVT

Try this one:

http://www.popularmechanics.co....html

Kermee

I love the fact that the MSN article talked a small bit about the wheel base of the Versa. For reference, the wheel base on my IS is 107.5 in. The Versa's wheel base is 102.4 in. The wheel base of the Fit is 96.5 in.

It's amazing what a few inches of wheel base can make how the car feels. I was surprised how close the wheel base of the Versa is to my IS and not surprised how much better I liked the handling of the Versa over the Fit from my own personal tastes. The wheel base definitely makes a huge difference.

Cheers,Kermee

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

The side-by-side comparison by Popular Mechanics was kind of nice, but I still disagree with their comparison of the shifters on the Toyota and Honda vs. the Nissan. I really REALLY like the Nissan's shifter, there's no way you don't know what gear you're in or what gear you're going to.

And I don't know how they're testing these cargo areas for space, but I still keep seeing people bagging on how much they can carry.

I've left the cargo area cover in place before and carried with me:a portable hand truck6 motherboards (all in boxes)2 large power supplies (in boxes)6 HP-packaged hard drives (all in boxes)2 HP Server hard drives (in boxes)4 Dell hard drives and 2 sticks of Dell memory (all in boxes)

And guess what? It all fits under the cover, with room to spare, nothing placed in the back seat.

That's quite a bit when you stack it all up, all those parts easily constitute a full load of the hand truck when it's expanded.

Return to “Versa General Chat”