Filter?

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
AddictionG35
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT (R.I.P. 03 SEP 07)

So it's time for my first oil change since I have owned my preloved G, I want to switch to Royal Purple but not sure what weight to buy or what kind of filter to use with it. Any ideas? I'm going to a colder region in couple months. Georgia to Germany.

infinititech1

oem filter....

where u goin in germany? i came from germany to georgia

AddictionG35

Kaiserslautern, I'm being stationed at Landstuhl. How is it there? I am trying to make myself feel better about it, I really had my heart set on going to Japan instead. lol

G_whizz
Car: 2010 G37 Coupe Sport

Wow...it blows my mind that prolly more then half of you are either in the army or have been in the army.. I think I know 2 guys in total here in Canada that were in the army.

Just thought I'd mention that for some reason...anyways ...carry on

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

You'll still be able to get parts shipped. When I was in Italy, I ordered lots of crap for my F-body...the post office really hated me! lol

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

AddictionG35 wrote:So it's time for my first oil change since I have owned my preloved G, I want to switch to Royal Purple but not sure what weight to buy or what kind of filter to use with it. Any ideas?
Stick with OEM filters (relatively low cost from http://www.everythinginfiniti.com - remember to get the crush washer "drain plug" too) ...

In terms of weight, 5W-30 will work fine under most conditions. In winter months, you might consider a 0W-30 or equiv weight (like the mobil 1 Synthetic 0W-40), but in most cases, the 5W-30 will be sufficient. You are not going to be in Arctic conditions in Germany!

In terms of which oil, as long as you do oil changes regularly enough, like every 3750 miles (my practice), almost any good oil will do fine, as long as it meets the required SF-CL rating. If you like a particular synthetic, then use it, but try to run dino oil for the first 7.5k to 10k miles. Good dino oils are: Chevron Supreme and Castrol GTX.

FWIW, my choice of oil is Mobil 1 Synthetic 0W-40 for year-round use, oil and filter changed every 3750 miles.

Z

Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

G_whizz wrote:Wow...it blows my mind that prolly more then half of you are either in the army or have been in the army.. I think I know 2 guys in total here in Canada that were in the army.

Just thought I'd mention that for some reason...anyways ...carry on
It's because of the benefits. You get free, or cheap housing, and a less than fair salary. If you move up in rank, your pay goes up as well. The military has a great retirement plan as well. 20 years, and you get some good monthly income.

BTW, have you seen the job market in the US? It is not the greatest, unless you have a degree, or specialized education.

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

Also they put you thru school too. For some people that's a start. Stay there finish the school and then move on.

Zozoka

G_whizz
Car: 2010 G37 Coupe Sport

That makes sense. I always wondered why!

AddictionG35

It always amazes me how many replies you find after a days work. But yeah, it's true, I mean, sometimes I really hate the Army but other days I really like it. And I have gotten some GREAT training out of it, I mean I am graduating in 2 weeks from a Satellite Network Management/Control course. It's some pretty deep and technical stuff. With the way I did when I was in high school... I would have still been working fast food. But I don't want to sound like a recruiter so yeah, moving on. About break in, do you mean breaking it in to me? Cause this is a pre-loved 2003, I have quite a bit of miles on it. That's kinda why I thought it might be alright to switch to Royal Purple.

infinititech1

my dad was stationed at ramstein haha. yeah we were in kaiserslautern for four years. its really nice over there

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

AddictionG35 wrote:Cause this is a pre-loved 2003, I have quite a bit of miles on it. That's kinda why I thought it might be alright to switch to Royal Purple.
Should be fine!

Z

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”