Filler tube replacement

General discussion area for the L30-chassis Altima
greeener91
Car: 1999 Altima GXE

My 1999 Altima GXE needed a new filler neck tube. I get the part and there is many lines that need to be connected to it. I check each one for blockage because the old filler tube was rusted out and figure some flakes could have ended up in one of the hoses. my first issue was fixed. second issue occurred after trying to fill up. I can only get about 3 dollars before the gas kicks back and triggers the filler on the gas pump to shut off. so it takes me about 20 mins to put in 30 bucks... but only after I fuel up. I try to start the car it takes a minimum of three long turns to start. Next time I fueled up I tried letting my fuel pump start before trying to turn the car over and I heard it come on but it did not start until I turned the key at least three times. So I did some research and found the the fuel evap canester has a control valve that is suppose to close when fueling. I checked and replaced that because mine wasn't working properly. Now I have the same issue that still occurs only when fueling up!!! I'm puzzled because on a regular morning start-up it starts very quickly. I went through the lines again trying to find blockage and still nothing.
Any suggestions would be great... I was told just to run the system vent line diconnected but id rather fix the problem.

Thanks

Timothy S
Car: 1998 Nissan Altima GXE, Auto RE4FO4A, KA24DE Engine

In the FSM, page ec 392, the diagram seems to show a second valve on the fuel tank. Described as a refueling control valve, this valve might be failing to open when you are trying to pump gas.
Timothy
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Altima/1998/ec.pdf

Return to “2nd Generation Altima Sedan (1998-2001)”