Fill gas tank stopping with 2 gallons left to go

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
njjuliano
Car: 2010 M45X

I've read the posts about the gas tank not filling all the way, with the TSB repair, cutting some flap inside the gas tank. I've never had this issue with my 2010 till recently, where I get to almost F, and the gas will stop as if tank is full. I've tried 2 different stations, as my other vehicle only exhibits this issue with certain gas stations, thinking it might be a gas station issue.

Anyone ever try the Scotty Kilmer solution?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7EcWwlhzBM

His Corolla's evap cannister is under the hood, where it seems ours is under or near the rear axle?

Ever try refilling the rest of the 2 gallons by a fuel cannister so it doesn't shut off? I have pulled the nozzle off a little, and tried filling slowly, but it still shuts. I physically see the gasoline flowing to the top and going back, but the the gauge still stays under the F. Anyone successfully repair this particular shut off issue, not the one where it shuts off after half way full.

MM...Good
Car: 2006 M35x - totaled :(
2007 M35X - Rein"car"nated!! Premium, Advanced Tech, Journey and Aero Package
2013 G37 Convertible - SOLD.
1993 Miata - Zoom Zoom
1999 Honda Shadow Aero 1100

This happened with my '06 M35X on occasion at certain gas stations. I think its an issue with a particular pump, not the car itself. Haven't encountered it at all with the '07 M35X, though.

grittyblaize
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35X

My 2006 M35x also has this problem but sometimes it fills up. Weird.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”