Fight the TSA, National opt out and film day

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

This thanksgiving, why not fight for your rights against this corrupt, incompetent, organizations of bullies and thieves. I don't walk through those cancer cookers and neither should you. They can only push people around if we let them, don't. :nono:

http://www.infowars.com/new-national-an ... film-week/

Marenta
Car: 2008 Mopar Crap AND '91 Isuzu Impulse RS

Can I just say that the amount of radiation those things put off is minimal, at best. A regular dental or chest X-ray gives about 2600 times more penetrating radiation than a single pass through that machine. It would take around 5000 passes through that machine to get to an appreciable dose. Just saying.

stebo0728
Car: 1993 300ZX, White, T-Top

Didn't a court recently find that TSA had no authority to limit liquids, that liquids never posed a threat? I wonder if they are still limiting them.

themadscientist

Marenta wrote:Can I just say that the amount of radiation those things put off is minimal, at best. A regular dental or chest X-ray gives about 2600 times more penetrating radiation than a single pass through that machine. It would take around 5000 passes through that machine to get to an appreciable dose. Just saying.
Feel free to walk through it when the nice guy in the blue shirt tells you to.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

themadscientist wrote:
Marenta wrote:Can I just say that the amount of radiation those things put off is minimal, at best. A regular dental or chest X-ray gives about 2600 times more penetrating radiation than a single pass through that machine. It would take around 5000 passes through that machine to get to an appreciable dose. Just saying.
Feel free to walk through it when the nice guy in the blue shirt tells you to.
I travel a lot - three to four times a month - and while the dosage may be low, I simply don't want to be told years from now that "we were wrong".

So, I subject myself to the pat-down. :rolleyes:

Also found out a little known requirement: if there are more than three (maybe four?) people in line waiting for the scanner, and you ask to be excluded from the scan, they are required to let you use the metal-detector. You have to get your timing right, though! :)

Most TSA folks do not know about this and/or they try to be obnoxious about it, or refuse. Hmmm ... since I am travelling tomorrow, I think I will try to see if I can find that requirement described on the TSA web site and print it out to take with me.

Of course, with my name and brown skin, I suspect that the effort may well be pointless! :chuckle: OTOH, I do travel a lot and am starting to get to know the TSA people at the airport ...

Z

themadscientist

You know what to do.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4mIFzK5YAk[/youtube]

Marenta
Car: 2008 Mopar Crap AND '91 Isuzu Impulse RS

As a person who has been exposed to radiation from nuclear power, I can say, that receiving 1 rem of radiation at any one point in your life does NOT increase the chances of you developing cancer.

Hell, you get 300 millirem a year just living. AND, you get more exposure being up 35,000 feet in an airplane than you do walking through the blue screens.

I'm just not afraid of radiation. I know what dose is required to kill me and I know how long I have to be in an environment before it gets lethal. But, then again, I also like just having the comfort of the extra screening process.

themadscientist

I'm glad you are not afraid. My offer stands. Walk on through. Just remember where those standards come from, though. ;)

szh

Marenta wrote:As a person who has been exposed to radiation from nuclear power, I can say, that receiving 1 rem of radiation at any one point in your life does NOT increase the chances of you developing cancer.

Hell, you get 300 millirem a year just living. AND, you get more exposure being up 35,000 feet in an airplane than you do walking through the blue screens.

I'm just not afraid of radiation. I know what dose is required to kill me and I know how long I have to be in an environment before it gets lethal. But, then again, I also like just having the comfort of the extra screening process.
Having studied science a lot too, I do not dispute the above arguments ... as we know it today. :yesnod

I also get X-rays for dental work. And, undergo a radioactive heart screen every two years to verify that my bypasses are working correctly.

But, if there is an alternative, why should I voluntarily subject myself to extra radiation - however minimal - when there is no gain and where there are alternatives?

So, I will opt-out ... if everybody does this often enough, then one of two things will happen: (a) it become rigidly enforced :(, or, I hope, it will be abandoned! :)

BTW, the "extra screening process" argument falls flat with me ... we do not get increased security by these tactics used by the TSA.

Simple example today: I flew on a commercial flight and didn't go through the scan. Why? Because the lines got too long, so the TSA had to shut them all down! What "extra screening" did that provide? :rolleyes:

Z

themadscientist

Terrorizers were inconvenienced. JIHAD!

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Hmm, funny. I've been "protesting" all this time by getting a "pat down" without even knowing it. FTW! Normally I get the pat down because I like making them work. I hate the TSA. IMHO it's all about giving us the illusion of safety. We're not any safer today then we were before 9/11.

How much Gov money is spent on our "safety" every year?

stebo0728
Car: 1993 300ZX, White, T-Top

TSA is just another example of how retarded government agencies where private sector agencies should be just makes things overly laughable.

WDRacing

Z, at your age it pays to be cautious. :poke: :wavey:

szh

WDRacing wrote:Z, at your age it pays to be cautious. :poke: :wavey:
Yes, indeed! :crazy: :bowrofl:

Z

themadscientist

I like to make lots of eye contact with the TSA guy and say "go slower."

WDRacing

A slight but persistent giggle is my preference.

themadscientist

If I wouldn't get arrested, I would put my hand on his head and pull him gently in.

Return to “Politics Etc.”