FFR's 380whp goal Thread

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
vikesfankevin1986
Car: 1995 300ZX TT

OMG I thought VA had the worse drivers. If there was a car stopped on the side of the road traffic stops for miles. If there is an exit traffic backs up for miles. Use your head and mind your own business. I don't miss the drivers.

car nut
Car: GT500.

vikesfankevin1986 wrote:Where do you find these friends? They must have a ton of cash or something...
It's more just knowing car people. I know plenty of guys like that.

vikesfankevin1986

I guess to be fair Minnesota probably isn't the car capital of the world...

joe645733
Car: 1992 300zxTT

i had a feeling this was just another, "high HP build with no money", thread.
how can you first set your goal to 450rwhp then settle for 380? lol i'm a little over 380whp and i'm bored as s*** with it. i wish i can make it more powerful but it's not worth putting the thousands and thousands of dollars into it. that's why i'm selling it.
and to the people bashing about your choice and opinion on what parts you want, go with whatever you feel. a lot of these people are just stubborn internet snobs who will critisize a product until it's tested. then they say, "oh".
for example, look at godpseed intercoolers or their radiators. look how much crap people gave them and now they're on 700hp 300zx's. i've heard some horror stories about AMS and i've heard good stories. it's your money, buy what you want. that is, if you really had the money to build your Z. you seemed pretty quick to change your mind with just a couple of comments from strangers.

BigTDogg (MA)
Car: 1990 300ZX Twin Turbo

joe645733 wrote:. a lot of these people are just stubborn internet snobs who will critisize a product until it's tested. then they say, "oh".
Not exactly dude, but thanks for playing :bigthumb:

vulcanrush
Car: 93 300zx n/a to tt

joe645733 wrote:i had a feeling this was just another, "high HP build with no money", thread.
how can you first set your goal to 450rwhp then settle for 380? lol i'm a little over 380whp and i'm bored as s*** with it. i wish i can make it more powerful but it's not worth putting the thousands and thousands of dollars into it. that's why i'm selling it.
and to the people bashing about your choice and opinion on what parts you want, go with whatever you feel. a lot of these people are just stubborn internet snobs who will critisize a product until it's tested. then they say, "oh".
for example, look at godpseed intercoolers or their radiators. look how much crap people gave them and now they're on 700hp 300zx's. i've heard some horror stories about AMS and i've heard good stories. it's your money, buy what you want. that is, if you really had the money to build your Z. you seemed pretty quick to change your mind with just a couple of comments from strangers.

Joe, i'm not a snob, not rich enough.

ams products have been shown to have a lot of defects. and where have you heard good stories? i'm not asking a rhetorical question, i'd really like to know. they even copied the name, there's an ams in the evo world, that's pretty respected.

and godspeed intercoolers look great, but i'd really like to know what 700hp+ cars are running them.

again, i apologize, i stand corrected if you can provide some examples.

vikesfankevin1986

joe645733 wrote:i had a feeling this was just another, "high HP build with no money", thread.
Thanks for that Jesus...did you ever think maybe we were looking out for his best interests and looking out for the entire Z community? You sound like someone to take advice from about a Z...you are bored with it so you are going to sell it...sounds like a real Z lover.

ffrpwner
Car: 1994 300zx n/a (sold)
1992 300zx tt

Oh i have the money im just a cheap SOB. I always make sure i get the best deal and thats what i thought i was doing. but these guys showed me the light and i was hesitant at first but i see that if people are that willing to keep me away from a part then i need to rethink....I could go ahead and do an entire rebuild and get way over 450 hp but id like to enjoy this extra cash and take my girl out on dates every night for a while i love my car alot but im not gunna blow all my cash on it at once.....380hp probably does get boring but being at around 300hp is boring to so 380 will be exciting to me....if your so bored why dont you do something about it....

oh and since you are at my goal let me know what your mods are please :dblthumb:

Gino
Car: 1990 300zxTT stage 5+++

He's just saving it all up until my single kit is out :)

ffrpwner
1992 300zx tt

^^precisely :)

took this picture earlier today fail blog worthy?

vikesfankevin1986

It's always women... it's always f*** women. In my Bio class the professor asked what would it be like if we had way more female babies than males. I said to the guy next to me "Then nothing would get done. We would still be walking around picking berries and s***."

ffrpwner
1992 300zx tt

^^^^hahahahahahahaha i laughed at that so much i feel bad now lol.

BigTDogg (MA)

ffrpwner wrote:380hp probably does get boring but being at around 300hp is boring to so 380 will be exciting to me....if your so bored why dont you do something about it....

oh and since you are at my goal let me know what your mods are please :dblthumb:
Stage 3-5ish is 380RWHP

dual intake
exhaust
test pipes
EPROM
EBC at 16psi.

Done

ffrpwner
1992 300zx tt

you make that sound so easy!

Thanks man....

i have test pipes and cat back...now i need dual intake down pipes clutch eprom and ebc....looks like i can finnally look foward to fixing my monster truck status as well

vikesfankevin1986

This guy takes it too far but I laugh every time...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0xoKiH8JJM

joe645733

BigTDogg (MA) wrote:
joe645733 wrote:. a lot of these people are just stubborn internet snobs who will critisize a product until it's tested. then they say, "oh".
Not exactly dude, but thanks for playing :bigthumb:
sorry, i didn;t mean on this forum. i rarely ever go on this dead forum. i was mainly talking about people on TT.net.
but thanks for playing

joe645733

vulcanrush wrote:

Joe, i'm not a snob, not rich enough.

ams products have been shown to have a lot of defects. and where have you heard good stories? i'm not asking a rhetorical question, i'd really like to know. they even copied the name, there's an ams in the evo world, that's pretty respected.

and godspeed intercoolers look great, but i'd really like to know what 700hp+ cars are running them.

again, i apologize, i stand corrected if you can provide some examples.
there's many threads on tt.net about godspeed intercoolers and products and if you're on that forum, i'm sure you run into people asking about their products often. there's a few threads on them. a guy with a white Z made around that much power and compared them to stillen intercoolers.

joe645733

vikesfankevin1986 wrote:
Thanks for that Jesus...did you ever think maybe we were looking out for his best interests and looking out for the entire Z community? You sound like someone to take advice from about a Z...you are bored with it so you are going to sell it...sounds like a real Z lover.
i've owned a Z car for 6 years.
i love the cars, but i don't carry a Z bible around with me like some of you people do. i've had a 350z for about 4 years then upgraded to a 1992 clean 300zxtt. i love these cars but i'm 23 years old and have bigger priorities in life than putting my entire paycheck into my car like most kids on this forum. say what you want but i'd rather make the step on getting my own place than putting money into this car.

joe645733

ffrpwner wrote:
Oh i have the money im just a cheap SOB. I always make sure i get the best deal and thats what i thought i was doing. but these guys showed me the light and i was hesitant at first but i see that if people are that willing to keep me away from a part then i need to rethink....I could go ahead and do an entire rebuild and get way over 450 hp but id like to enjoy this extra cash and take my girl out on dates every night for a while i love my car alot but im not gunna blow all my cash on it at once.....380hp probably does get boring but being at around 300hp is boring to so 380 will be exciting to me....if your so bored why dont you do something about it....

my z has full bolt-ons besides intercoolers and injectors. it dyno'd at 371rwhp on a mustang dyno so i just figured it'd around 380-390rwhp on a dynojet.

and how old are you?

DCaff300ZX
Car: .
1993 CRP TT- Modified

I am having a hard time figuring what the angle here is- is Joe simply trying to help, or simply being an a**?
His response to the thread is harsh, and not helpful...unlike the rest of the responses.
Joe, what are you hoping to do/prove here?

ffrpwner
1992 300zx tt

Joe im sorry but your coming off as a bit stuck up...im younger then you so you can call me a kid but your 23 so your one of the younger ones on this forum....Oh and i wouldnt call this forum dead...also if i wanted to dump every paycheck into this car then damn my z would be fast but instead im saving up for a house and incase (oh god) my girl ever turns out to be pregnant id like to be prepared for that.

So like DCaff said what are you trying to prove?

and again intercoolers are some what more simple....i have a friend with a 400hp rb25 240 he runs a no name 40 dollar fmic with custom piping no problems so its great godspeed made there intercoolers but would i trust a fuel delievery system from them no way not yet lol.

vikesfankevin1986

joe645733 wrote: i've owned a Z car for 6 years.
i love the cars, but i don't carry a Z bible around with me like some of you people do. i've had a 350z for about 4 years then upgraded to a 1992 clean 300zxtt. i love these cars but i'm 23 years old and have bigger priorities in life than putting my entire paycheck into my car like most kids on this forum. say what you want but i'd rather make the step on getting my own place than putting money into this car.
I'm 24 and married with a baby on the way. I get paid by the government to go to school and my wife is a nurse. We are actually in the process right now of looking for and buying a house. After 2 deployment I was able to buy my Z and since I have had it I have not put much money into it at all. The new clutch was the most expensive thing. I spent my $7,500 signing bonus on the wedding and living while the wife finished school and I am going to spend my next $7,500 signing bonus, that I will be getting next summer, on my car. Nice job generalizing though...Good for you though...I'm sure your parents will be thrilled to finally have you out of the house.

ffrpwner
1992 300zx tt

haha at that last part....joe dont get all mad at these responses you basically generalized this entire forum and insulted every single member.....when in fact most the people hear are older, richer, and smarter then you. If you like tt net congrats i like it to id be on there all the time if i wasnt so annoyed at the layout of the forum itself ha

BigTDogg (MA)

joe645733 wrote:i was mainly talking about people on TT.net.
but thanks for playing
What's your SN over there?

vulcanrush

ffrpwner wrote:haha at that last part....joe dont get all mad at these responses you basically generalized this entire forum and insulted every single member.....when in fact most the people hear are older, richer, and smarter then you. If you like tt net congrats i like it to id be on there all the time if i wasnt so annoyed at the layout of the forum itself ha
older, a little.

richer, probably not.

smarter, definitely not.

es.biggs
Car: 1990 300ZX 5sp NA

LOL Lando just wear an umbrella!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vikesfankevin1986

vulcanrush wrote:
ffrpwner wrote:haha at that last part....joe dont get all mad at these responses you basically generalized this entire forum and insulted every single member.....when in fact most the people hear are older, richer, and smarter then you. If you like tt net congrats i like it to id be on there all the time if i wasnt so annoyed at the layout of the forum itself ha
older, a little.

richer, probably not.

smarter, definitely not.
Are you implying someone here?

vulcanrush

no, i'm talking about myself, Kevin.

vikesfankevin1986

OK just checking. I think FFR was saying in general for the average member. But if you don't think you are then I guess you just pull the average down :chuckle:

vulcanrush

after my build, Kevin, i think i know more than i did before...not smarter than anybody else, though...and i'm not richer, that's for sure.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”