Few CA items that havn't been discussed yet...

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
controler

I am considering a CA18det in to a s13, but I am doing my research first. One item that will need replaced is the clutch. I looked through all the threads, and didn't see anything mentioned about aftermarkets clutches, and options available. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Also, seems like SR's have a lot more aftermarket support for I/C's downpipes, etc. Well do those bolt-up or do they require a little fabrication to get the correct fitment?

The ecu hits fuel cut at or around 13psi, is that correct? Well what is the easiest way to get around this without going standalone, being really expensive, but still retaining reliability.

That is all I can think of right now, but something else might come to mind later.

Nismo_Freak
Car: 89 240SX

1.) CAs have the aftermarket ... anyone that carries Blitz, JUN, Greddy, or HKS can get CA parts. You might just have to wait a while to get them. See Taka Kaira.com

2.) You can get a JWT ECU... problem solved and a bit more power

3.) Get a 6-Puck clutch if you want to build a power beast. Get a sprung hub clutch aka Street Clutch if you want a mild street car. Check out the ACT clutches... KA clutches will fit with a minor grind of either the housing or the clutch its self.

Daunttless

Also, just like SRs, CAs have the option of upgraded ROMs, Paul ( movingviolation240 ) can get them rather cheap and I believe they're made by Norris Designs. ( They have the fastest CA powered car outside of Japan )

looksLikeA240
Car: break dancing

I installed a KA24de 91 clutch.. 4 puck sprung street. Its rather on or off but its still very streetable, supports like 360 pounds of torque (not too great but good unless you go huge). It was like 280 bucks from enjuk.

many roms available that will be rid of the boost cut. There was a mines tuned CA18det ecu on ebay that went for 50 bucks. Ive seen other modded ecu's go for cheap that will do the trick. The downpipes work.. you have to slightyly fab, by cutting near the flange off and simply rotating the flange around a slight amount and re, weld. We did mine in about 2 mintutes. HKS makes a great, and cheap FMIC full kit for the CA. I bought an HPI and slighty fabbed the pipe to the throttle body to perfect fit. (only difference between CA and SR FMIC is the pipe that leads to the throttle body, SR is is slighty to the side and angled up.

280hp
Car: racing , women and sports

where can i get a tranny for my ca, mine just crapped out on me.

looksLikeA240
Car: break dancing

I saved my KA tranny so i could swap housings and use it, if the ca ever gave. You can use any of the tranny's after swaping housings

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”