Fellow 370z owner being screwed over by a dealership

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
Skyline109

One of our fellow Z owners is currently getting getting screwed over by a dealership. He had a turbo Nismo 370z with 6,000 miles on it and under the dealership's posession, the car caught fire and the dealership isn't taking any responsibility. The kicker? car was parked at the service department, the service manager told him he was lucky it didn't catch fire on the way there, and they drove it two miles knowing there was a fire hazard.

I'm posting this up to hopefully spread the word and to see if there's anyone knows anyone that can help him or get as much media attention as we can to get the dealership to respond. Seeing this happen to one of our own pisses me off to no end and I know this will piss off majority of the members here as well.

Here's a link to the dealerships facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/ryannissanminot/?pnref=story

If anyone asks why he couldn't do it himself, he works in the military and was in the middle of a 1 month stretch of 12 hour shifts.

Please, if you can, help spread the word about this.

ArmedAviator
Car: 2012 M37x

Many facts missing here.

Why was it a fire hazard?

What were the mechanics doing when it caught fire?

Unfortunately, your boy likely signed the documents waiving the dealer from any and all damage they cause and if you don't like it, it goes to mandatory binding arbitration.

Skyline109

ArmedAviator wrote:Many facts missing here.

Why was it a fire hazard?

What were the mechanics doing when it caught fire?

Unfortunately, your boy likely signed the documents waiving the dealer from any and all damage they cause and if you don't like it, it goes to mandatory binding arbitration.
Fire hazard because of a bake fluid leak service manager even acknowledged this. It is not known what the mechanics were doing during the two miles of travel (he was parked 500ft away from the service center) and caught on fire once they got it on the lift

BusyBadger
Car: '92 240SX, '05 350Z, '13 Juke

Skyline109 wrote:Fire hazard because of a bake fluid leak service manager even acknowledged this. It is not known what the mechanics were doing during the two miles of travel (he was parked 500ft away from the service center) and caught on fire once they got it on the lift
I'd like to hear some more information on this before I even think about siding with either the dealer or the owner.

First: What's someone with a FI 370Z doing taking it to a dealership and not the shop that installed and/or tuned the vehicle. What was going on that necessitated taking it to the shop? OEM or aftermarket brake setup? Where was the leak, master/slave cylinder or in a brake line?

Second: The flashpoint for DOT 3 brake fluid is in excess of 275°F, what were the mechanics doing driving a vehicle hard enough to get it up to temps in such a short distance? Especially in a vehicle that the dealership remarked, "...was lucky it didn't catch fire on the way there."

Too many questions and not enough answers, I'll be keeping an eye on this though.

Skyline109

BusyBadger wrote:
Skyline109 wrote:Fire hazard because of a bake fluid leak service manager even acknowledged this. It is not known what the mechanics were doing during the two miles of travel (he was parked 500ft away from the service center) and caught on fire once they got it on the lift
I'd like to hear some more information on this before I even think about siding with either the dealer or the owner.

First: What's someone with a FI 370Z doing taking it to a dealership and not the shop that installed and/or tuned the vehicle. What was going on that necessitated taking it to the shop? OEM or aftermarket brake setup? Where was the leak, master/slave cylinder or in a brake line?

Second: The flashpoint for DOT 3 brake fluid is in excess of 275°F, what were the mechanics doing driving a vehicle hard enough to get it up to temps in such a short distance? Especially in a vehicle that the dealership remarked, "...was lucky it didn't catch fire on the way there."

Too many questions and not enough answers, I'll be keeping an eye on this though.
Relocated for his job after the turbo was installed and where he lives, that dealership was really the only place he could get it serviced because it's a small town. Brake fluid leaked from one of the lines onto the downpipe. And OEM Akebono brake setup.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Stock suspension on the Nismo Z? What else was modified aside from removing the motor to install the turbo setup?

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”