February '08 Sales Highlights for the QX56

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

February '08 Sales Highlights for the QX56

February 2008 941 UnitsFebruary 2007 772 Units

Monthly % Change 17.0%

CYTD 2008 1,741 UnitsCYTD 2007 1,563 Units

CYTD % Change 9.2%

It is interesting how the QX56 is seeing increases in sales, while the Armada is decreasing. Nissan dealers better start offering some better deals on the Armada.

keg97
Car: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2004 Acura TSX

Count us in as one of the QX sales. I can't say that we seriously considered the Armada. Our other finalist was the Sequoia Platinum with the Escalade and GL450 behind that.

Timmbo

Any way you look at it, you made the right decision!

keg97

So far so good....wifey is very happy with purchase. I'm just bummed that I don't have anything to shop for now....my car is barely over 65K and I don't want to move on that until I can get a droptop and I need to get both kids outta infant seats for that to happen

Timmbo

Sounds like me! I shopped for my Armada, and bought that December 31st, then up until last Saturday, I was shopping for my mom, she ended up buying an Altima Coupe, and now I feel the need to shop for my wife's 2009 Murano! For some reason it is really addicting!!!

keg97

I agree...my wife thinks that I should just go into business as a car buyer for people. I don't think that'll work though...it'd have to pay a good bit to make up my current day job!

q56er
Car: QX56

It's very addicting buying new cars. It's fun scouring the internet for all the information, it's fun test driving them and it's fun driving off the lot in a brand new car as well. If I were made of money I'd be over at the Infiniti dealer right now buying a brand new M35x. They give those out for loaners because they know if you drive one you're going to want one. There is one problem other than money though, it's so fun to drive I found myself speeding uncontrollably and driving like a kid again. My wife even noticed I was driving like a complete nutcase.

q56er

Keg97, how many miles have you put on your new QX? I've only got 500 so far. It's been raining and I don't want to get it dirty.

keg97

Just abt 800 now. We had the windows tinted this week...just 35%. It does not match the rear windows, but we did not want to attract the attention of the police since 50% is legal for the fronts here in VA

I just picked up a cheap trailer for it:http://norfolk.craigslist.org/grd/589671867.html

This'll become my new project. I want to box it in and add a rear door to it. I might add in springs...I did not realize how bumpy springless trailers are.

I was kidding around with my wife that I'm going to get matching 20's from the QX to match it.

She's laughing b/c we have a 60K truck pulling a $300 POS trailer!

q56er

You saved yourself the cost of buying a pickup to haul things around. Pretty smart. The number of times I've actually needed the truck to haul things does not justify the $40k I spent on the truck. If we didn't have the pickup camper I'd ditch the pickup and get a trailer. Now that diesel is almost a dollar more than regular we pick and choose our camping trips very carefully.

keg97

Truth be told, I'd probably rather have a pickup truck. There is nothing rational to justify my desire, just that I think that it'd be "cool" to have a truck in the driveway. My father in law is getting rid of a '88 Ford F-150 and I wanted to take it off of his hands, but my wife did not want it sitting in the driveway. It is not the prettiest thing, but....

So, I moved onto the trailer. It just made complete sense to buy it and use it for those couple times/year that we need it. I'm still deciding whether to store it at my father in laws (30 mins away) or rent a storage pad (abt 25/month) right in town. Ironic that storing my POS trailer will cost nearly as much as the cost of it! For now though, I'm able to store it in the rear of our neighborhood where there are still some empty lots/new construction going on. I know that nobody is going to try to steal it but I do have a lock on it.

Probably within a few years, I'll pick up one of those 15-20K new stripper trucks that dealerships advertise for way cheap and have trouble getting rid of. That'll be my really nice trailer

My wife keeps saying that I'm losing my "Jersey boy" and getting more country by the day....

q56er

There is no real justification to some of the testosterone driven urges we occasionally get. My friend is storing a fully restored 85’ Ford F150 that’s been lifted and riding on huge off road tires. The motor is completely built and probably gets about 1 mpg. Still, I stand and star at that truck thinking of all the possibilities. Truth be told, I’d probably get a couple fun little joy rides out of it and then put it back in storage and be $17k closer to the poor house. One thing I do like about the newer pickups is the 2 stage suspension. You get a nice smooth ride unloaded and then the second set of leafs kick in under loaded conditions. I’ve installed Rancho 9 way adjustable shocks on my Chevy and that helps to further stabilize the load with the flick of a dial on each shock. I set them all to a very low setting while empty giving the truck a more ‘Cadillac’ type ride. I also put airbags on the rear and run about 50 psi while hauling the camper since it’s a 12’ type that weighs about 4500lbs wet. The truck is rated for 3500lbs but that’s a number that includes passengers. I talked to a guy with the same truck, same camper except he’s got a slide-out which adds even more weight and he runs without air bags and said it handles fine. I prefer to be on the safe side though.

keg97

You know....a "mudder" (Truck w/lift and big tires) would be mighty cool!!! Thanks for the idea
q56er wrote:There is no real justification to some of the testosterone driven urges we occasionally get. My friend is storing a fully restored 85’ Ford F150 that’s been lifted and riding on huge off road tires. The motor is completely built and probably gets about 1 mpg. Still, I stand and star at that truck thinking of all the possibilities. Truth be told, I’d probably get a couple fun little joy rides out of it and then put it back in storage and be $17k closer to the poor house. One thing I do like about the newer pickups is the 2 stage suspension. You get a nice smooth ride unloaded and then the second set of leafs kick in under loaded conditions. I’ve installed Rancho 9 way adjustable shocks on my Chevy and that helps to further stabilize the load with the flick of a dial on each shock. I set them all to a very low setting while empty giving the truck a more ‘Cadillac’ type ride. I also put airbags on the rear and run about 50 psi while hauling the camper since it’s a 12’ type that weighs about 4500lbs wet. The truck is rated for 3500lbs but that’s a number that includes passengers. I talked to a guy with the same truck, same camper except he’s got a slide-out which adds even more weight and he runs without air bags and said it handles fine. I prefer to be on the safe side though.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”