Features Of Grand Turismo 5

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
jem003

Key Features:

* Build a dream collection from over 1000 of the world's most exciting cars, from exotic imports to muscle cars and performance supercars, to customize, race, and upgrade.

* Experience a wealth of racing styles and events, including road, rally, drift and NASCAR.

* Expand the Gran Turismo experience with deep and robust online community features, and challenge friends in the new custom race lobby system for the ultimate track day.

* The most advanced Gran Turismo yet, featuring unrivaled graphics and a true-to-life driving feel.

Shizane2002
Car: 1998 Avenger

:rolleyes:

Yeah we'll see. I fell for the hype 4 times before. Im renting this one. Just because it has 38290138012983912 cars doesnt mean crap if the game is STILL mindnumbingly boring to play and doesnt appeal to people who like to modify their cars (instead of buying a pre-modified handful of aftermarket company rides).

NASCAR? Seriously? Image

RCA

Shizane2002 wrote:NASCAR? Seriously? Image
I am with you on the BS of the hype of GT5 but my question is why hate on NASCAR?

How many millions of copies have been sold? There is a market for NASCAR and it is the fastest growing sport in the US so it will appeal to some one.

Why not throw it into a GT game? Because it is JDM tyte drifto!? GT tries to be apart of everything and why not just throw in NASCAR? It might not appeal to you but I bet you there is a group of people willing to buy GT because of the NASCAR license. And who knows, it might actually be fun.

jem003

How many millions of copies have been sold? There is a market for NASCAR and it is the fastest growing sport in the US so it will appeal to some one. :yesnod
yeah i agreed with you.. NASCAR is one of the appealing sports in US, because there are so many car lovers and also there so many like to race, because of the satisfaction that race can give to you. ;) so NASCAR is the best and I can't wait to see and experience the Grand Turismo 5.

coupe240sxguy
Car: '89 240sx/ '01 mazda 626

f that i would like to see if u can actually buy dirt tires for what ever car... enzo or nascar and drift the shhh out of it...
"Build a dream collection " yeah rent first then see what the limitations are... I HATE limitations like the example i gave...

ProudNissanFreak
Car: 2005 Imaginary WRX STi, 2003 Civic

I almost pre-ordered last week until I found out there was a leak of something beyond the Collector's Edition. I'm gunna wait to find out what it is, then decide. Regardless, this game is going to consume my life.

RCA

ProudNissanFreak wrote:I almost pre-ordered last week until I found out there was a leak of something beyond the Collector's Edition. I'm gunna wait to find out what it is, then decide. Regardless, this game is going to consume my life.
This.

I love me some car games and because all I play is MW2, and all my buddies who play MW2 are on Xbox, my PS3 has been on a vacation...
I can't wait for marathon secession or GT5. I hope hope hope you can fully modify like in Forza. I won't buy this when it comes out, I will wait a week then make a decision.

Shizane2002

My personal dislikes of NASCAR aside, I think PD could have taken the effort, time, and investment of the work they put in the game with NASCAR and, instead, put in better AI, more real world circuits (no more high speed ring :gotme ), more production cars, more modification features, etc.

I think that the chunk of disk space that NASCAR will take up could be better used imo. NASCAR, as youve already mentioned, already has their own titles out that are fully dedicated. GT will just half-a** it like they did rally for 3 games.

PD tries to do too much all at once with limited capability. Forza sets the standard right now. They might only have 300 cars...but they are cars people WANT to modify and drive. The AI in Forza, modifications, physics, and fine-tuning are all miles ahead of GT.

Forza is also fun to play. GT hasnt been fun to play since 1999 with GT2.

IMO.

ProudNissanFreak

You're kidding right? Physics in Forza miles ahead of GT? Forza isn't trying to be a simulator, it's for people who want to customize cars. GT is for hard core race fans.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktjQmcmLjTQ[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRE9PlJesn8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhy9zSwl ... re=related[/youtube]

takethewall
Car: 1994 300zx n/a, 1998 I30

I was really excited for Forza 3 until I played it. It was the reason I kept my Xbox. A month or so after I got Forza, I sold it and my Xbox 360. My PS3 gets a healthy diet of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and even Gran Turismo 4 still, both miles ahead of Forza as simulators.

Forza countersteers for you when you get in to trouble with no way of turning it off. :spitout:

Modifying cars is fun, but I'm hopeful that GT5 will have good modifying options.

ProudNissanFreak

Just an FYI, before people start bitching about GT6 taking so long, Kaz has already said that GT6 will take 5 years as well.

_b.jaye_
Car: '03 350Z

ProudNissanFreak wrote:Just an FYI, before people start bitching about GT6 taking so long, Kaz has already said that GT6 will take 5 years as well.
:rotfl

every time i play nfs shift, i get more impaitent. its ok gameplay-wise, but a pretty sad effort as far as detail & look & feel of the menus & such.

ProudNissanFreak

_b.jaye_ wrote:
ProudNissanFreak wrote:Just an FYI, before people start bitching about GT6 taking so long, Kaz has already said that GT6 will take 5 years as well.
:rotfl

every time i play nfs shift, i get more impaitent. its ok gameplay-wise, but a pretty sad effort as far as detail & look & feel of the menus & such.

:werd:

Watching the replays make me cringe; they're so buggy and the visuals are pretty bad too. I like the sense of speed, though. Not real, yeah, but fun for an arcade game.

Shizane2002

Im not about to get into an arguement between video games :bowrofl:

All I know is that in my experience, GT series games have had horrible AI, physics, excitment and modification compared to Forza. As with anything, it looks like this is a matter of opinion. No big deal...because FM3 > GT 1-5 :naughty: lol jk.

GT6? O____O

OldmanPurdy
Car: 2002 Altima 3.5SE

Shizane2002 wrote:Im not about to get into an arguement between video games :bowrofl:

All I know is that in my experience, GT series games have had horrible AI, physics, excitment and modification compared to Forza. As with anything, it looks like this is a matter of opinion. No big deal...because FM3 > GT 1-5 :naughty: lol jk.

GT6? O____O
GT4 was the reason I bought an xbox and Forza, it just didn't do anything new and despite its claims to realisim it had numerous holes in its physics engine (wheelspin has no effect on a cars direction) and zero improvement to its rollercoaster AI. Forza isn't a perfect game but it has brought alot of new features to the "sim-lite" genre (if you think GT is a real sim you need to play some R-factor) that GT5 has to replicate to impress me.

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

I agree with all. I was hyped up for Prologue, in fact it was the first ps3 game I bought. I was quickly dissapointed as it felt downgraded. I couldnt buy parts even something as simple tires which sucks. No paint, not tuning (only after you beat it, but whats the point then), no multiplayer, bad physics, the list goes on. The only wish that was fulfilled for me was to have lambo/ferrari.

I will say that Forza does have a tuning aspect, which anyone would like. They should incorperate that street feel into GT. After all, who wants to drive a bone stock Miata or Toyota Vitz w/ 63 hp or something stupid like that. It just kills the game completely. They should have better options on parts that have both pros and cons, discribing life of tires, etc.. the simple stuff that should be a standard

I think im in need of a good racing game but i think Id rather buy CoD: Black Ops first

takethewall
Car: 1994 300zx n/a, 1998 I30

OldmanPurdy wrote:
GT4 was the reason I bought an xbox and Forza, it just didn't do anything new and despite its claims to realisim it had numerous holes in its physics engine (wheelspin has no effect on a cars direction) and zero improvement to its rollercoaster AI. Forza isn't a perfect game but it has brought alot of new features to the "sim-lite" genre (if you think GT is a real sim you need to play some R-factor) that GT5 has to replicate to impress me.
R-factor... honestly... not too much more realistic than the GT5 GT Academy Demo if you ask me. PD has to appeal to a much wider audience than R-factor, so some of the sim-qualities suffer, but overall, it is a much more realistic physics engine than Forza 3 IMO.

ProudNissanFreak

GT5 > Forza 3 Physics. Fact, no need for "IMO"

OldmanPurdy
Car: 2002 Altima 3.5SE

takethewall wrote:
OldmanPurdy wrote:
R-factor... honestly... not too much more realistic than the GT5 GT Academy Demo if you ask me. PD has to appeal to a much wider audience than R-factor, so some of the sim-qualities suffer, but overall, it is a much more realistic physics engine than Forza 3 IMO.
I never got to play GT5 Academy Demo with my wheel so I can't make that comparison but if its close to r-factor then wow nice, and I don't mean to imply that I want gt or forza to be like r-factor I actually much prefer the "track day sim" game as opposed to the super serious sim. The last GT I played alot was Prologue and it felt better than Forza in terms of weight shift physics but the tire model still seemed a bit stiff which I assumed was a carry over from gt4 also with ABS off cars could still turn with 4 wheels locked that may have been a glitch rather than an intended feature. Can you still download and play academy, I might borrow a friends ps3 and check it out proper if it`s still up.

truckmtr240
Car: 91 240sx hatch

Shizane2002 wrote::rolleyes:

Yeah we'll see. I fell for the hype 4 times before. Im renting this one. Just because it has 38290138012983912 cars doesnt mean crap if the game is STILL mindnumbingly boring to play and doesnt appeal to people who like to modify their cars (instead of buying a pre-modified handful of aftermarket company rides).

NASCAR? Seriously? Image
I you want something more exciting, why do you drive a sebering ?

bware113
Car: '02 BMW TS M3
1990 Piggy Hatch

What's a Sebering? LOL

Anyway I cant wait. GT5 IMO is better hands down. But that's just my opinon. I know some diehard Forza fans. I feel the graphics/physics/AI/and overall learning curve is better. I feel that GT5 actually teaches as you play. And to counter act the whole 'who wants to drive a stock Miata' arguement; driving such a car really allows you to see the full capability of the vehicle, but I believe most racing games start this way.

Shizane2002 was right they did kinda short change us on Rally racing but it looks like they've stepped things up this year. We'll see.

All in all I can't wait and will probably end up getting fired from my job because of doing the 24hr races that I just 'had' to complete. LOL

tm1218
Car: 240sx

ProudNissanFreak wrote:GT5 > Forza 3 Physics. Fact, no need for "IMO"
You just said the complete opposite of what 99% of gamers said.

Sorry, but you are wrong. The physics... or "lack-of" in GT are retarded. Forza has a few bugs, but every game does. GT5 will. You seem like a fanboy. I own and play both, and many credible gamers will agree with me that Forza is overall a much better game. In GT you can ride the guardrails and pinball around the turns, how is that physics? The AI in GT is horrible. The tire squeal is annoying and unrealistic. In GT you have 2 different types if tires that determine how your car will drive, completely unrealistic and stupid. Forza's modification allow you to FINE TUNE your car to make it get better lap times and perform to your style. Forza>GT overall. Every game has their PROs and CONs, and Forza outweighs GT tremendously.

The only thing GT has over Forza is realistic counter-steering.

_b.jaye_

you own & play both what? gt5 isnt out yet.

its not really fair to compare gt4 to f3, but go ahead. its always easier to make a good game when someone else laid the ground work for you, and turn 10 did made a good game.

f3 was basically a re-hash of f2 with updated cars & menus from what i could tell. f1 & f2 did have alot of cool features i really hope poly takes note of, but your bias, made-up statistics & sweeping generalizations make you, well... "seem like a fanboy".

tm1218

Prolouge obviously. GT5 is coming out light-years after FM3. I actually gave reasons to back my opinion, unlike the other guy who said there was no need for "IMO"

and NO, FM3 had tremendous differences from FM2. It is a whole new game. I have played Forza since the original so I would know. Just a re-hash?... I can tell you have barely played Forza from that statement. The whole Physics engine is different. The steering is more fluid and no longer instant full-lock at the flick of the thumbstick. The collision system is far superior to FM2. Weight and drive type influence collision characteristics. You can flip your car now (realistically, unlike other games) like by getting sideways off the track. Even on the track if you set your suspension up sloppy. you obviously know nothing about game dynamics if you think it is just a re-hash. if anything is a re-hash, it will be the cars in GT. lol

like I said. I play both GT5 Prologue and Forza, and GT5 Prolouge reminds me of the arcade setups you put a Quarter in and grab the steering wheel. Arcade. The driving... even when sliding out of control, is far too smooth and doesnt give you the feeling of what it happening. No feedback from the terrain depending on how the car is setup. You can fine tune in Forza and make the car feel however you want. A sim = realistic. In GT5 Prolouge you can hit huge jumps in exotic cars that are like 2 inches off the ground, yet you can keep driving. How is that realistic? hahahaha. In Forza if you hit a jump like that you would bottom out and total your car, and if damage was off, you would still lose control and wreck. Yet people still say GT is a sim and Forza isnt. I am going to tell you, there is not sim game out there, but they try to make games as close to a sim as possible. its a video game

Like I stated before, I do like GTs counter-steering, they have it dead on, and I cant figure out why Forza doesnt have it polished like GT.

you might wanna go play FM3 for a while then come back. you are like someone who knows nothing about a certain make of car, yet trying to explain how bad that make sucks.

sure Forza has videos of its bugs and retarded s***, but every game does. although a lot of Forza players tune car for wrecking on purpose to get all types of funny s*** to happen. I do that sometimes. look at the "Damage" that will be in GT5. Hits the wall hard and all that happens is the bumper gets a little loose. not to mention just slingshots right around the guardrail and keeps going. You call that a sim? please, quit talking. games are games, not sims. there are cheap, low-budget PC games that are more realistic than console games.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_8cafP6VFE[/youtube]

bware113
Car: '02 BMW TS M3
1990 Piggy Hatch

^Someone's upset...

Question: How many professional drivers 'rave' about the Forza system and use it to prepare for races?

I know for a fact that actual drivers use the GT series to prepare for races and with GT development.
proof:
http://n4g.com/news/97261/gran-turismo- ... -seriously
http://www.playfire.com/BlackEvil/blog/ ... iving-simu

I did look for Forza too but wasn't able to come up with anything, then again I did already these if you have anything please contribute. But this is why I'm a GT man. I do hope they improve the 'steady-state' AI. AI reaction is something I would truly like to see.

tm1218

upset?... ah, no.

I just find it stupid when people try to debate something without any details to back their opinion. who cares about professional drivers using GT5 to "prepare" for a race. I think that is just a marketing tool my friend. any race car driver would tell you how innacurate video games are. like I said before, games can try as best as they can to be a "sim" and they get close, but they can never be a legitimate "sim"

if race car drivers truely used GT5 as a preparation tool, they would be f*** when it comes time to race. Its a paid marketing tool my friend, although they may play it for fun.

_b.jaye_

tm1218 wrote:Prolouge obviously. GT5 is coming out light-years after FM3. I actually gave reasons to back my opinion, unlike the other guy who said there was no need for "IMO"
its slated to release a year & a month after f3 did. theyve certainly drug their feet. still, light years?.. kinda dramatic.

and what reasons? tire squeal? tire options? those arent physics related short-comings... accurate tire slip. suspention reaction to a given situation. these are the physics PNF was talking about.
tm1218 wrote:you might wanna go play FM3 for a while then come back. you are like someone who knows nothing about a certain make of car, yet trying to explain how bad that make sucks.
i never said it sucked. i played the hell out of f2 & loved it. i just said, to me, f3 felt like more of the same. if there were that many changes, they were subtle enough that in the 10-15 hours or so i have played it, they wernt too apparent to me.

...but your hostile "this is what you are" attitude tells me youre trolling anyway.

ProudNissanFreak

You DO realize that video you posted is months old. That's the old damage system. Frankly, most GT fans don't care about the physical appearance of damage. What matters to us is how performance is affected by hitting walls, etc. and the wide variety of automobiles and tracks we can select from. Also, why are you comparing GT5 Prologue physics to FM3? Prologue was never meant to be anything more than just a time-killer until GT5 was out. They didn't put a ton of time and effort because of other priorities. Clearly you haven't played the TT, the physics have been improved greatly. I have played Forza 3 and it's really nothing impressive. The game's focus seems to be buying and selling cars through the auction system, which I really couldn't give a s*** about.

You're clearly a FM fanboy, because you keep stating the "5 years to come out argument." GT has set standards for the console simulation genre, and it's about surpassing them. I've already stated before, GT6 was announced to take another 5 years. Whine and b**** about it all you want, but what GT is, is a quality game.

tm1218

- iIm trolling? You cannot even spell "suspension" and you are on a car forum for tits sake.

- Sure, I am a fanboy because I play GT games and Forza. You are the fanboy. You make statements without backing them. Forza is nothing impressive yet GT is? You know nothing about game dynamics kid. Quit being so immature and biased.

and yes... Forza does have a buying/selling/sharing system with tunes, cars, and paint livery... but that is something that is far beyond any other game out there. The paint livery has been praised by gamers and artists. There are some people who buy the game just to make art. Forza has incredible customization, tuning, and racing with the latest in physics. The customization, paint, and tune sharing are just another strong/selling point. Get mad all you want, I can understand when all of your cars look alike in an online lobby. Forza may be lacking cars compared to GT, but I am sure they could have just as many if they took the same amount of time to hype and prepare a game... but who the hell wants more than half of those gars in GT5? There are tons of cars in Forza nobody uses. lol

I play both game series. I will continue to play both game series. People who only play one and judge the other as being a bad game, when it has clearly received praise in the gaming/driving sim community is a FANBOY. I like both games, I am just telling which one OVERALL has more to offer. Every game has PROs and CONs and no game is 99% polished. I initially did not post to tell that I liked Forza better, but behold there was already an ignorant kid in here saying that GT was "better" and had nothing to back it. Immature statements led me to rant. Is Forza better than GT? NO, I just like it better, others may be opposite... but it is ignorant to say one is better, just because you are a fan of the opposite. Then try to post videos of bugs and glitches... dude, you can do that with any game. lol

ProudNissanFreak

Nothing to back my statements? I just listed some of the reasons GT was better. Obviously, you didn't read my post. And yes, I am a fanboy, and I'm damn well proud of it. But saying that counter-steering is the only thing GT has that's realistic is purely idiotic.

Just because you think half the cars in the games are stupid, doesn't mean everyone else does. There's a reason for 1000 cars, it's because GT is reaching out to a larger audience than Forza. I don't have time to finish this, gotta go caddy for my brother's golf tourney.

Return to “Gaming”