Features Of Grand Turismo 5

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
tm1218
Car: 240sx

Reaching out to a larger audience than Forza? Then why don't they have customization or painting like Forza? lol

you aren't very good at making points

RCA

Really?

WTF is all this ruckus?

FM3 vs GT Prologue
- Why compare them?
One is a full game and the other was a teaser demo.

Compare FM3 to GT5...
It's that simple. As for Forza having better physics. IDK they both have their down falls but has either game's faults in their physics stopped you from playing/having a good time?
To be honest FM2's A.I. almost made me rage quit. Off the line if a car behind me had better acceleration it would ram into my rear and so any time I raced with a MR or RR my car would be disabled right from the get go. And it would happen A LOT. :mad:

I have to agree with ProudNissanFreak. I loved FM2 but after playing the demo and renting FM3, I didn't feel like paying another $60 for basically a car pack. The game was basically the same. Not saying FM3 wasn't good, but it wasn't worth my money, that's all.

But I hope that GT5 takes cues from FM because I love the customization portion of it. Also I the Marketplace and live diagnostics portion of FM. But outside of those things, I hope the rest is all GT.

ProudNissanFreak
Car: 2005 Imaginary WRX STi, 2003 Civic

tm1218 wrote:Reaching out to a larger audience than Forza? Then why don't they have customization or painting like Forza? lol

you aren't very good at making points
You obviously don't know a damn thing about GT5's features, nor have you been following anything going on with it. GT5 WILL have visual (and performance) customization. However, the visual modification aspect is NOT the main focus of the game. The focus is the as close of a simulation experience as you can get on a console, unlike Forza.

bware113
Car: '02 BMW TS M3
1990 Piggy Hatch

Loving how art/livery are seeming to be the main arguements. But, honestly I dont care for livery it takes away from the main concern of the game which is to learn, experiment, and use better driving techniques coupled with a good setup for the track at hand. Although I will Forza had a damn good customization aspect hands down a very nice and well defined feature.

It's not just a marketing technique many drivers have used the game to prepare for tracks they have never raced before. Thus memorizing the course and obtaining an overall for understanding for how to tackle the course at hand.

I'm just simply backing my defense up with related articles I've found. It may not be a spot on sim, but it's damn close...atleast that's what the professionals say.

tm1218

regardless on which one a person likes better... it is stupid to say FM3 is no good, the same as FM2, and that the customization/livery makes it "un-focused" to racing.

I brought up the Marketplace and painting in argument to the statement "GT is reaching out to more people."

I just think it is funny when people are saying compare GT5 to Forza and not GT5P. Why? GT5 is coming out long after, so they should obviously be the "more advanced" game. Also, GT5 is not even out yet, so why are people talking like they have played the game and know everything about the physics and s***? LOL because they have played GT5P... yet they say do not compare it to FM3? Wait until the game comes out, then you can credibly judge it. If you haven't seen anything but media on the game you really shouldn't be saying how awesome of a game it is.

bware113
1990 Piggy Hatch

Square, why are you so bent outta shape?

I said it was a good game. I'm using GT4 as by basis for comparison and the fact that games look to improve upon previous performance, in which Polyphony has yet to fail me.

As far as livery goes, many will get more caught up in making a cool & unique car rather than mastering a course with that vehicle or any other vehicle, thus making the player 'un-focused'. It can act as a distraction to some aspect. Again I restate I am not to say it's not a great feature. I mean some get excited over paint, but others rather have a plethora of cars to compare against one another. Paint is nice but cars is more exciting you can see the differences between the models of the same make and their performance.

tm1218

Forza knows all of their players do not race. they understand that some people buy the game to paint and that is it. there are still tons of people that tune and paint. some players just race, some just paint, and some do both. can you not understand that? lol

...and what makes you think I am bent out of shape? you are wrong my friend. your gift for reading emotion from text is faulty.

Painting in Forza doesn't take focus away from racing. The people that race will still race. It is a game dude, not real life. If you slack on racing to make your car unique sometimes, you are not doomed to never be good at a video game. lol

I play Forza 3 times as much as I play GT. When I get on GT, I completely smash every opponent in drifting and racing. That proves that not focusing only on driving in a video game makes you less skilled.

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

:popcorn:

ProudNissanFreak

f*** awesome, we get karting!

http://www.gtplanet.net/first-video-of- ... -gameplay/

Check GTPlanet for more info, they got an interview with Kaz today I think. Lots of new stuff released, including stuff about track editor.

bware113
1990 Piggy Hatch

^^^I cant view that link cause I'm @ work. OMG karting and course editing. Time for a fist pump :mike

Hey, man I was simply assuming. I mean you seem to be the only one being sarcastic at the time and throwing out slight jabs as if it's un-noticed. But, if I was wrong about your emotional status then so be it.

Who said anything about real life? I'm just discussing what I've seen, heard, and read. That is all. :biggrin:

RCA

Shifter carts ae awesome!

If you look at the textures of the buildings, you can see that it was made on a track editor...

PS:
Because of this thread, I pre-ordered GT% Collectors edition on Amazon. November 18th it arrives.

alms24sebring

hmm kart and track edit is sounded sweet actually. I mean how could that suk?

When GT4 came out it had no online play but it had the photo oppportunity. At first I was like 'what? sounds kinda gay to sacrafice online play for this'. But actually when I f'd with it, I got incredible unforgetable pics. You could add the cool effect that make a good picture. I wish I saved that. I think I have the memory card in my drawer as a matter of fact. Free Post! But anyways, it was really done I thought.

I'm a GT fan, I'll have to get it regardless.

ProudNissanFreak

alms24sebring

^ god that guy sucks at driving. " yeah the controller's messed up". uh huh sure, whatever u say

Nothing like the full version.

RCA

GT5 Damage....
This is what I got...
http://www.gamersmint.com/gran-turismo- ... phenomenal

ProudNissanFreak

Bump for better quality damage

http://www.gtplanet.net/more-screenshot ... -modeling/

f*** awesome

Red coupe
Car: 92 Nissan 240sx Coupe

Shizane2002 wrote::rolleyes:

Yeah we'll see. I fell for the hype 4 times before. Im renting this one. Just because it has 38290138012983912 cars doesnt mean crap if the game is STILL mindnumbingly boring to play and doesnt appeal to people who like to modify their cars (instead of buying a pre-modified handful of aftermarket company rides).

NASCAR? Seriously? Image
Not really a fan of the GT series anymore, so there is plenty of criticisms I will take...

But it is a RACING game/sim, not a body kit sim.

It is for people who like racing and driving, it is not supposed to satisfy your urge to do a motor swap...That has NEVER been the hype and if for some reason you feel you were fooled it is only because you were not paying attention to what the game is in the first place.

bware113
1990 Piggy Hatch

Red Coupe for president. I cant agree more.

alms24sebring

Thank You Red Coupe, thats exactly the difference between Forza and GT. As for me, I love the true race value of racing games. Motor swaps and body kits are fun and all but Ill leave that to Need For Speed or other internet drag racing games. I absolutley love driving the real 'race cars' and theres nothing more to that.

I think I stated this before but I have a friend that has stuff like a LSX CRX or Civic, 500hp RX7 with no traction up to 120mph, and a 9.0 litre 300C. All he does is drag race and do burnouts at revlimit, doing almost no races. And, the only races he actually does win are the ones where he has a 650 hp car vs stock miatas or something, and he still barely wins because he cant turn. Like how can you do that for hours? Where the hell are all ur race cars that can actually handle a turn? I hate that so much.

bware113
1990 Piggy Hatch

As i stated before it seems that some, not all, some get more caught up in the 'modding' aspect of the game rather than the racing side of the game. IMO

ProudNissanFreak

W00t. The Best Buy in the next town has the latest demo! Gunna go tomorrow and check it out..if time permits

takethewall
Car: 1994 300zx n/a, 1998 I30

RCA

takethewall wrote:http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5- ... t-le-mans/

*fap fap fap fap*
:drool:

Also:
2010 Trailer
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcerwtwWQBc[/youtube]

ProudNissanFreak

Did you see all the weather, paint options, etc!? Holy s***, I cannot wait for this!

RCA

Yeah man, I'm with you on that one...

I allready pre-ordered the $100 bundle from Amazon. Expected delivery date (estimate) November 2, 2010. Game expected to be released November 1st.

Sorry guys, I won't be around much in November...
Or December.

ProudNissanFreak

I'm going to pre-order the regular one next week. Don't have $100 to blow on GT5 alone...need to pick up Fifa '11 and WoW Cataclysm as well. It's going to be an awesome winter break.

ProudNissanFreak

LOL!! PD put the Loch Ness Monster in the lake by Trial Mountain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlKd7o6i ... r_embedded#!

alms24sebring

Wow that was a really great clip. The rain looked 100% real. I sware I hope that the game lives up to the hype. Lookin like it so far mang...

That would be funny if Big Foot came in the road all the sudden when doing 180 mph

RCA

How would that be funny?

GT5 (Mario Cart mode) :rotfl

alms24sebring

Ionno. hit a giant speed bump at 180. it happens. Race cars have hit deer and rabbits before.. its pretty grusome acually

Return to “Gaming”