Faulty door checks!

The web's first forum dedicated to the Nissan Juke and the Nissan Qazana.
Toyojay
Car: 2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 3.5L 4X4

Hello everyone. New guy here with a pathfinder myself but,
we have a 2012 Juke in the family, and as of the past few weeks the steel of the door shell has actually broken around where the check strap bolts through the shell. It is basically separated now, and just flops around inside the door. Now its actually starting to put a couple of outie dents on the door skin from the inside. This is clearly a warranty defect, we have the Nissan extended warranty on the car but getting the dealership to cooperate has proved to be a challenge all its own. The car has about 65k miles on it, driven by a female in my family and it is completely stock.

My questions,

1) Does anyone know if Nissan has a recommended service interval for lubricating the hinges/locks? That has never been done to this car, and am curious if Nissan will try to blame this problem on neglected lubrication.

2) Has anyone else ever had this issue with a Juke? Or with any Nissan product? If so, was warranty involved at all?
(I have seen this problem with ONE Toyota, but it was almost 10 years old by that point)

Any help is appreciated, just genuinely curious at this point. Thanks

Toyojay

:bump:

Toyojay

Anybody?

Return to “Juke Forum | Qazana Forum”