Fast Blink Turn Signals... stumped

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
dkneble

2004 Infinity FX35

Both sides demonstrate the fast-blink turn signal condition when used. Hazards work at normal speed. All bulbs work.

Have replaced all bulbs, the combination switch and the BCM. Dealership also checked out the tail lamp module.

Where do I go next? Or how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Welcome to NICO Club!

I would have suspected the blinker control module, but there is also a separate rear combination control unit that may be acting up.

Are there any extra complications such as an aftermarket reverse camera installation? Do all four (six if on the mirrors) of your blinkers work when using your turn signal (front and rear left, then front and rear right)? Did replacing parts create this situation or was that in response to the fast blinking? What happened when the fast blinking started?

If no aftermarket changes, then the FSM is likely where to look for ideas (the dealership is probably using that and should have been able to fix it for you). Here's a link to all the chapters in your FSM: You can use the FWD and IDX chapters to find your way around.
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/FX/2004.0_FX45-35/

dkneble

There are no aftermarket items such as a backup camera. All four lights (none on mirrors) exhibit the same issue.

I purchased the car used and with this issue, hoping it was just a simple combination switch or bulb. So I do not know when the problem first started.

Dealership was stumped and basically at the point of starting to troubleshoot the harness.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Okay, well, the FSM is the way to go for diagnoses, so you're already on your way. Maybe someone will see this with personal experience and a post quick fix. I wonder if the blinker module can be mixed up with a similar part but with different speeds for flashing. Anyway, I hope you get it fixed up. Maybe see if there is an aftermarket blinker system associated with your car. I remember when we bought our Nissan Versa, they had snuck in an extra fee to have some sort of 'safety braking' system added to the car. It was supposed to flash the brake lights like three times whenever you stop. We were pissed that it was snuck in and had the charge removed and never installed the system, but it is some sort of Nissan Dealership thing and it messes with the lights so you could ask about that.

vectorczar
Car: 12 Rogue SE Black 08 Altima 2.5S Grey

Here is what worked for me. **CAUTION- this may not be your issue ** (but it was for me.)

Background: 2012 Nissan Rogue SE (S model with enhanced tech package). Bought new. All of a sudden after Thanksgiving 2018, left turn signal went to hyperflash speed right. All bulbs appeared to be working, but changed them out just to be sure. Hyperflash on left turn signal still existed; in fact, the *right* turn signal would intermittently hyperflash. "Great," I thought, "here we go- electrical issues."

I remembered that the front left turn signal bulb socket didn't feel quite right when I seated the new bulb. Seeing that I had nothing to lose, I ordered the part:

Part Number: 26242-0C800
Part Name: HARNESS ASSY-HEAD LAMP
Lookup Code 26242Q

I'm happy to report that all is well again. The part cost me $21 at the local dealership. You can get it online for about $15. NOTE: while this is called a "Harness Assembly, Head Lamp" all the part is the socket- there is no wiring or harness included. You simply unclip the existing socket assembly from the harness and clip it to the new one.

To be honest, the hardest part was ensuring the notches lined-up with the headlamp assembly.

I hope this helps someone.

Lee
Tampa

EdBwoy

vectorczar wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:52 pm
Here is what worked for me.
Thank you for sharing that. It is one avenue to explore while troubleshooting.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”