Fantasy race: Calsonic Skyline vs. Corvette C5R

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
Jumpman-Z
Car: Drawing, builing model cars, playing basketball, playing video games, and watching movies

I know this race would never happen, but I'm curious, could the Calsonic Skyline (JGTC car) beat, or at least compete with the Corvette C5-R? I've watched the C5-R race a few times, but I've never watched the Calsonic Skyline race. My friend, who absolutely worships the Skyline, seems to think that the Skyline can beat any car in the world. The Skyline is one of my dream cars, and I know it has god-like performance, but I don't think any Skyline is capable of going against one of the C5Rs. What do you guys think?

GTR-33

Why the Calsonic GTR? Why not the Pennzoil/Nismo, or the Xanavi/Hiroto car. They are better suited for the task IMO... Hmm thats a prety close race IMO, i'll try to find a race track that they have both race on before and compare lap times... That is a challenge in itself.... THe C5R races in the ALMS GTS class, the GTR races in the JGTC GT500 class. I hope you can see the problem here. The JGTC is comeing to the US in 2004, hopefully they race somewhere famous like Laguna Seca si we have a lap time to compare...

Jumpman-Z
Car: Drawing, builing model cars, playing basketball, playing video games, and watching movies

Yeah, I was really referring to any Skyline, but that was the first one that came to my head. Since all of the JGTC Skylines are pretty good, I figured they would be about the same except maybe for driver skills. JGTC coming to US? Hell yeah! I didn't hear about that, I must be living under a rock. Good thing I just got Speed channel last month, hopefully they'll air it.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”