Fantasy Potato gun making contest

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
White Comet
Car: fc, s13 and mazda6, Sierra

r34 gtr wrote:No pictures, no credibility. Sorry mang. I is still w1nn4r.
i feel no need to prove anything. the good one was last seen in my friends truck a few years ago. i shot a golf ball through a shed, no way to prove it, it was like 5 years ago.

r34 gtr
Car: 98 Frontier XE 4x4
95.5 Audi URS6 Avant 5spd
03 BMW 330i ZHP 6spd
89 240sx base CA18DET

Haha man I will definitely believe you put a golf ball through a shed. These babies have some kick!!

Pneumatic seems like a win of an idea. Does it have to be made of PVC? I would be a little wary about running some proper pressure with plastic.... 200psi should be ample to send a potato through a 1970 coupe DeVille.

I once saw a couple of dudes in a field with one, and upon closer inspection they were holding it so a little old lady could fire it. She was sending potatoes a quarter mile at least!

GreGS15

I have used a drive shaft from a car and steel pipe,,,all thanks to GM,,they supplied the acetylene as well....I blew a grill out of an 04 silverado...

the drive shaft and yoke was used for the larger chamber and some smaller steel pipe for the chamber...

I felt much safer using acetylene and this bad boy, then PVC

no pics because some co-op kid stole it, and its not like we could go tell management that someone stole our gun that we made from junk

mastakilla08
Car: 1992 hatch, 1989 piggy coupe, 1991 coupe silv.

s*** i just made 2 last weekend one of them was a dud tho the other i could get goin a good 300 yards!! basic design with a 4 ft barrel? eh

Return to “The Great Outdoors”