Fan noise

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
silberma
Car: 2015 70QL

Upon starting my 2015 70QL today I noted a new loud fan noise. I made sure that the HVAC system and fans were totally shut off and that the seat ventilation front and back were turned off, however, the noise persists. Other than taking it to the dealer does any one haves any clue to the cause of this?

:rolleyes:

SwissCheeseHead
Car: 11 M37x, 94 BMW 530i

Could be something obstructing the fan. Have you visually inspected the fan operating while the car is running? definitely a dealer visit is in the books otherwise.

silberma
Car: 2015 70QL

Actually the noise was caused by me accidentally nudging the radio tuning button and getting a lot of static that sounded like the fan running. This would not have been a problem if the gear selector was not so close to the radio controls. Glad I figured it out myself rather than being discovered by the dealer.

Debonair
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56

silberma wrote:Actually the noise was caused by me accidentally nudging the radio tuning button and getting a lot of static that sounded like the fan running. This would not have been a problem if the gear selector was not so close to the radio controls. Glad I figured it out myself rather than being discovered by the dealer.
Doh. :facepalm: :chuckle:

Glad you got it solved.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”