Fairlady Z

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
Ldub

Is it at all possible to get an 02' fairlady Z into the states? Lol even tho it's right hand drive would the 'significantly similar' clause pertain to the fairlady?

seraj89

According to laws, the car has to be over 25 years in order to import. So far you can import just about any car up to the year 1992 as of 2016, so in this case, it's going to be another 10 years before that's possible. I've wanted a Fairlady Z myself, unfortunately, the only recent Fairlady Z you can import is the 300ZX.

I've heard of people importing cars under 25 years for track use, but I don't think that's possible because they still have SMOG and emission issues.........Which (now that you think of it) is a useless law since people are always importing engines and attaching cats before emissions test. :/

I've thought about buying a Fairlady Z front clip and converting a car to RHD, but some owners would say they'd rather wait the 10 years as it would be a lot easier, less tacky looking, and would be a lot cheaper than going through the trouble of cutting up a car. (imo that's just lazy) :tisk:

In conclusion, most likely not. :(

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”