Factory Water Leak in 2014 Nissan Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
zakmartin
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue, 2008 Nissan 350Z Touring

I sincerely wish you the best of luck on this. You really should get in touch with your province's Consumer Affairs department. This entire ordeal needs to be documented if you are going to get Nissan to buy back your car. Each place is different, so familiarize yourself with BC's Lemon Law and be sure to keep all records relating to any repairs.

capitan828
Car: 2015 rogue SL awd

Had the same water leak issue on my wife's 2015 rogue. We only had the rogue for 2 weeks when we noticed moisture on the inside of the windshield. I knew what that meant so I started checking the carpet and sure enough it was soaked and there was a lot of water under the drivers seat. First they told me it was missing sealant on the firewall. Then they said it's a leaky boot on the steering shaft. I don't see the boot leaking that much water into cabin. So most likely had to of been the firewall sealant. Car has been at the dealer for over a month now. Legally a lemon now. I'm going threw the process with nissan for a buyback. We want another rogue because we liked it but I will proceed with caution. I don't want another with the same issue.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

^Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear about the ordeal. Did they at least give you a loaner car?

Leo2005

PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:^Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear about the ordeal. Did they at least give you a loaner car?
From my past experience at the dealerships. If repair needs to be done and it will be covered under factory or dealership's warranty loaner is provided at no cost. If customer is liable for the repairs then it's customer's responsibility to pay for the loaner.

capitan828
Car: 2015 rogue SL awd

PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:^Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear about the ordeal. Did they at least give you a loaner car?

Yup, had the loaner for a month and put 2k miles on it!
I bought my wife another rogue yesterday from the same dealer, had to bring it from another dealer because it was the last of its kind in California. Inspected it thoroughly for issues. Saved about 2 grand compared to the first one, zero down, zero payments for 3 months, and zero interest for 60 months! Oh yea, and I also got 6 free oil changes with FULL SYNTHETIC oil. So I'd say it worked out pretty well! :cheers:

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

Sounds like they treated you well! Congrats!

mistykelsey
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:I agree!
When people here post that they've reported it to corporate, you could actually tell them the last 6 of the VIN and call their bluff.

Typical Nissan. I hope this doesn't turn into another "melting dash" type scenario.
my-dashboard-is-melting-t569582.html
when i reported to Corporate, thru Consumer Affairs, I was given a claim number. It's really going no where and my car still smells like mold. I'll post more details further down. BUT they gave me a claim number that i would be happy to share

ariel

Hello, I live in Virginia Beach, VA and been buying Nissan cars for almost 30 years so recently, we traded our 2012 Rogue SV FWD for a 2015 SL AWD on 2/25/2015. Ten days later after I gave the car a thourough wash due the February back to back snow weeks and while vacuuming the driver side carpet, I noticed it was soaking wet. So I got my shopvac and sucked the moisture and ran my wife's hairdryer for a few min. Then I stuck my hand inside the hole behind under the driver's seat by the foot blower vents and freaked out as it had a puddle of water, probably 1/2 inch. This was a Sunday, so I took it to the dealer the next day. I googled this and found this forum so am kind of glad it just wasn't me but also sad that it is a known prob. Guess what, they welded the seams that got missed by the robotics but the rain last weekend showed there were still water going inside so my dealership had my car since Monday and have pulled the dash board this time. So I have been in constant contact with Nissan and awaiting a decision tomorrow. Anyway, I will post whatever happens tomorrow but I am one PISSED customer right now. Thanks all for posting.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

:(
I feel like once a car has been flooded like that, it'll never be the same. The wiring has gotten wet, the metal has all gotten wet, the carpet, etc is all contaminated now.

ariel

Capitan828, how do I get in touch with you? I posted my email addr so if you don't mind, I'd like to connect. I just got a call from nissan consumer affairs and they declined to re-purchase my 2015 SL AWD with less than 300 miles and only had it for a week due to the time spent in the dealership service. I am working with the dealership to see what they can do as they already bastardized my new car. Thanks.

Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL

Hi all,

Up here in Canada I am still dealing with moisture in my 2014 Rogue SL, every time we have a heavy rain or I wash it I end up with moisture on the windshield and sun roof.

I did have a pool of water under the Driver's Seat but they seem to have fixed that, but water is still getting in somehow because of the moisture that shows up on the windshield and sun roof every time we have a warm day.

The vehicle is back in the Service Department again (4th. time) and has been there about a week.

We do not have Lemon Laws here in Canada so I am at the mercy of Nissan Canada who won't even talk about replacing the vehicle, but insist, "they stand behind their product".

It sounds like this is a wide spread problem.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

I always thought Canadians were all too friendly to warrant a lemon law haha.

jencase1
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

I bought my 2014 Nissan Rogue in February of 2014. We had noticed a mildew smell over the last couple of months. I start looking around and find that water is standing under my drivers side floor mat. I soaked two bath towels with water and didn't get it all cleaned up. I immediately contacted the dealership that I purchased the car from. They tell me that I need to get the car into them ASAP. I come into work the next day and start search for others that have had this same issue. I found this blog. I hoped mine was not the same issue. So I took the car in the very next day (April 8th). I call them the following day to see what the issue was and low and behold it is a "factory weld" that was missed close to my firewall. The dealership called today and the car is really to pick up. They did a liquid weld and replaced the carpet and underlay. Not sure of all the work they have done as I have not picked the car up yet. I plan to contact Nissan Corp because something like this should have a lifetime warranty due to it being an issue when they made the car. I plan to address this with the dealership as well. I did find it interesting that my last 6 digits of my VIN are 795249. So mine goes back even before yours. Nissan has a serious issue that they need to address and make right for their customers.

ariel

Hello All, just an update on my situation: My dealership came thru as far as getting me a replacement Rogue of the same model and features with no out of pocket cost for me, basically a paperwork swap out. They also gave me 4 free oil changes on top of the original 4 for buying a car from them and 2 extra full tank of gas. My situation was different since I discovered the leaks during the very early stages of ownership, exactly 10 days. The VIN does not matter as my dealership is one of the top volume seller for Rogues and my 2015 SL AWD was the first to have this issue. Anyway, I have washed the car several times, left it out in rain, and also drove it in the rain and no signs of water leaking in the cabin in particular the driver side floor so we are very happy with the whole replacement transaction. Hall Nissan of Virginia Beach did us right.

jcmcmp

Well, I am new to this but I felt compelled to join as I have a 2014 Rogue with wet carpets. Sure enough, it a synthetic weld that was not properly sealed at the factory. I had the car for 7 months so I am not sure how long I had this issue. I am assuming it was for 7 months! Anyway, I called consumer affairs and complained that Nissan has not done anything to acknowledge this issue and have deep concerns that the floor boards are not compromised with respect to rust.
The dealership was very nice and offered a car for me to use while it was being repaired. The car was there for about a week. They fixed it, tested it, and needed to repair it again. They ordered new carpets and returned my car in about a week. I already have a past history with Nissan as my 2007 Altima just died on the way home (~7k 6 months old). They/ consumer affairs offered me a replacement car and I took it. Since they did that for me, I decided to give them another try with the Rogue. Now after 7 months to have this issue, I was very pissed and called the consumer affairs and asked for a replacement car. Fooled me once, shame on me, fooled me twice, SHAME ON NISSAN!!! Today, they called me and told me that they will not replace or buy back my car. I told them that Nissan has a bad track record with rotted floor boards which just made the news and that I requested that at least, they can provide a warrantee for 10 years against rot on the floor boards. They said no and that there is nothing else they can do for me! Moral of the story, don’t buy a Nissan... I am very sad over this situation and that this happened to me twice. They cannot be trusted anymore. I wished I leased the car and not purchase it

jcmcmp

Hi jencase1,
Can you give me an update on how it went with Consumer affairs?

jcmcmp

jencase1 wrote:I bought my 2014 Nissan Rogue in February of 2014. We had noticed a mildew smell over the last couple of months. I start looking around and find that water is standing under my drivers side floor mat. I soaked two bath towels with water and didn't get it all cleaned up. I immediately contacted the dealership that I purchased the car from. They tell me that I need to get the car into them ASAP. I come into work the next day and start search for others that have had this same issue. I found this blog. I hoped mine was not the same issue. So I took the car in the very next day (April 8th). I call them the following day to see what the issue was and low and behold it is a "factory weld" that was missed close to my firewall. The dealership called today and the car is really to pick up. They did a liquid weld and replaced the carpet and underlay. Not sure of all the work they have done as I have not picked the car up yet. I plan to contact Nissan Corp because something like this should have a lifetime warranty due to it being an issue when they made the car. I plan to address this with the dealership as well. I did find it interesting that my last 6 digits of my VIN are 795249. So mine goes back even before yours. Nissan has a serious issue that they need to address and make right for their customers.

Hi jencase1,
how did you make out with consumer affairs? All I got is a $100 visa card to be used at the dealership within 6 months! I asked for a written warrantee for floor board rust and they denied it! Very disappointed with Nissan...

ramz

vin 761088 rear glass leak.

5nissan
Car: 2014 NISSAN ROGUE

YOU KNOW MAYBE IT DEPENDS ON WHERE THOSE ROGUE CAME FROM MEANING WHICH FACTORY LIKE KENTUCKY OR TENNESSEE

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

They don't have a factory in Kentucky.
The only factory they produce Rogues at is in Smyrna, TN.

2011Roquer
Car: 2011 Nissan Roque SL

Have noticed condensation on windows and damp carpet on drivers side floor. When I park on an incline (rear higher then front), water puddles on drivers floorboard, but no leaking from dash.

Checked AC unit drain, it was clear. I do have a sunroof, so thought maybe drain tubes clogged. Anyone have a diagram or pics showing where these tubes are located and/or how to check them?
Last edited by Rogue One on Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typo

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

2011Roquer wrote:Have noticed condensation on windows and damp carpet on drivers side floor. When I park on an incline (rear higher then front), water puddles on drivers floorboard, but no leaking from dash.

Checked AC unit drain, it was clear. I do have a sunroof, so thought maybe drain tubes clogged. Anyone have a diagram or pics showing where these tubes are located and/or how to check them?
Welcome to NICO!

We have an incredible SEARCH feature on this forum. Merged with existing thread.

--------> READ BEFORE CREATING NEW THREAD! <--------

followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

Is this an issue with any 2015 models?

I wonder if the date of manufacture has anything to do with it?

followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

I just checked the manufacture date on my 2015. It was built in March of 2015.

I personally (to my knowledge) have not had an issue with the carpet under the drivers seat being wet. Ive had the car parked outside on the street for about 2 months since Ive been using my Jeep more, and we have had some storms and I also got the car washed yesterday.

I just went out to check the carpet under the drivers seat and it was dry. I also stuck my finger inside the hole (giggity) in the carpet under the seat and felt as much of the floor that I could with the way my hand was contorted, and it was dry...

Im hoping my Rogue doesnt have an issue with the water. My windshield never has had condensation on the inside of the windshield that i have noticed either.

Granted, its been in the 80s on average for the past 2 months, and im not sure if the carpet got soaked, if the heat would make it completely dry by now... But so far after my brief assessment, after 6k miles, it seems I do not have the issue. I will keep my eye out and also keep an eye on this thread.

Maximus099
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

I'm pretty sure you would have gotten a whif of bad odor if it would have been soaked. (giggity)

cin67

I have a 2014 Nissan Rogue. My leaking problem is on the passenger side of the vehicle. Just took it to the dealership. They say they cannot find any leak at all but agree that there is a "ton" of water in the vehicle. I was asked if the windows were left open or if a door was left ajar. Number one, let me first say, it has been raining cats and dogs. Winds have been clocked up to 30 miles per hour so it has been coming in sideways at times. With that being said, if I had left a window, even cracked, the whole interior of the car would have been soaked. If the door of the car had been left ajar, again, seats would have been soaked, door would have shown signs of water. NO SUCH THING HAPPENED. Car windows were rolled up. Doors were closed tight. The only area of water pooling is the floor, passenger side. And not from the top of the carpets down, this moisture is seeping up from the floor!! I believe my vin# is 768850 (last six digits anyway).
Can anyone give me the number or someone to speak to at Nissan Corporate here in the USA?

Thanks in advance.

Benking
Car: 2014 Rogue

We had our 2014 Nissan for four years and now we have a serious water problem just like you described. I wish we had checked it our before our factory warranty ran out but because we bought the extended warranty we hoped that the problem would not be so expensive. The car has been with the dealership now for four weeks and hopefully we can pick it up by Friday and will have to pay over $4500.00. The extended warranty did not cover the repair. Our VIN is 815310, never again a Nissan for us.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Benking wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:32 pm
We had our 2014 Nissan for four years and now we have a serious water problem just like you described. I wish we had checked it our before our factory warranty ran out but because we bought the extended warranty we hoped that the problem would not be so expensive. The car has been with the dealership now for four weeks and hopefully we can pick it up by Friday and will have to pay over $4500.00. The extended warranty did not cover the repair. Our VIN is 815310, never again a Nissan for us.
That's a lot of money... Did you not go to an Independent Mech or a body shop to get this check out? They would have been way cheaper than the dealer.

Aktra

Glad I found this forum, and actually mind boggling how Nissan has not recalled this issue.

Last spring, 2022, I noticed my driver side floor and under the seat was drenched. I sucked up gallons of water from the carpet. Took it into the dealer I bought the car from in December of 2013(in the Milwaukee, WI area), and they had no idea. They tore the carpet up, had there mechanics do some carpet cleaner foam trick to "find the hole" and they did, and body sealed it. They told me it was under the carpet, found a hole, sealed it, dried the car overnight. fixed! they charged me $300, car is out of warranty. Fine, I can deal with that cost.

Nope. Today, I get in my car to drive to work. same issue. Either whatever they "fixed" busted, or, it was literally this missed weld the entire time and the company is trying to shrug it off as a non issue.

Reading these forum posts, and noticing there was actually a bulletin put out by Nissan about it, and not having that being mentioned by the dealer is really getting me frustrated.

They most likely will not cover any cost to fix this issue now that the car is almost 10 years old. I feel swindled. I feel helpless. I will NEVER buy a Nissan again. The s*** thing is, I actually like the car. (I'll post VIN# later, if that even matters anymore to anyone seeing that this post is 9 years old)

Return to “Rogue Forum”