Factory Warranty..

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

OK..so I'm sure this is somewhere, but what does and does not void the factory warranty?

I'm curious mostly on intake systems, seems like (and is) a simple, inexpensive way for me to get some extra ponies out of my new toy, but I'd rather not flirt with voiding my engine warranty.

The NISMO site says the PART is not warranted by nissan..so I take this as meaning if the NISMO intake itself breaks, I'll have to buy a new one...which is fine, I'm more worried about having a bearing or somethinb bust and the service center go "well....you have a NISMO intake, so you voided the engine warranty.."

So what does void the warranrty and what doesn't?

I'll be stopping by and talking to the head service manager at the dealership tommorrow and ask him, I'll report back what he says in addition to anyones comments, for the info.

-Chet

MECPInstaller
Car: installing stereo systems and minor performance upgrades

I've heard different things from different people. My salesmen said only nismo spec s or s spec stuff(not sure which it was off hand anyways) was covered by the warranty but the r spec stuff would void the warranty. Later on in another phone call he said you could get it and swap it out before servicing. so it was kinda shady to me what technically woudl happen. If you dont' mind me adding your question. I've been looking at exhaust and well they said the nismo exhaust would carry the same 3 year 36,000 warranty, but i'm really wanting the hks setup and i'd hate to spend the 1,4xx and install of it and have it void the cars warranty. I bought the extended warranty to so:(

I've heard from different people that minor thigns like intake/exhaust won't void but others say they will. I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone. Would this info be in any of the paper work when signing for the car?

350zQ45a
Car: 350Z, Q45A

S Tune will not void warrantyR Tune will void warranty

Again, by law they no matter what modification you have, it has to be proven that said modification caused said damage to actually void warranty

Exar-Kun

I just bought the S_tune exhaust..its freaking sweet. The sound alone was worht the money, but the looks and extra perfromance help too.. :p

Nice touch is the Nismo etched tips and the NISMO stamp on the muffler that you can see from the back.

I love it. The service manager here said "THe part itself is NOT covered by your warranty (in reference to NISMO stuff), but it will not void your engine warranty with us"

*shrug*I'll play it safe.-Chet

MECPInstaller
Car: installing stereo systems and minor performance upgrades

how much louder than stock do you think it is? My salesmen said he'd get me a hell of a deal on the s tune exhaust but wasn't really sure if it was going to be worth it.

Exar-Kun

Read the sport Z magazine article, its got the sound rating lsited..I think the S-tune is 6Db louder..

its super sweet.

-Chet

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

I love how the Nismo exhaust looks almost stock also!

good choice!

NISTECH

We sell and install NISMO stuff at pur dealer everything we install does not void the warranty. Now I dont know the tune level of it but perhaps we dont even sell the r tune stuff. I will comment on the exhuast, It DOES sound very sweet, not to obnoxious at idle but with even a small amount of accel it comes to life and has a very deep rumble at steady throttle during a moderate accel from a stop.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”