Factory Tweeters 3.5

General discussion area for the L33-chassis Altima.
nate154
Car: 2015 Altima S

Hello all,

So my 15 Altima non-Bose has these. I bought some component speakers that come with a woofer and tweeter. My question is: would you replace these big tweeters with the little .75 tweeter that comes with most component sets? I was comparing the two, and the magnets aren't even close. It seems like it'd be such a downgrade, but I don't know much about speakers and such. Just curious what others have done or would do.

Thanks.

imdyinhere
Car: 2014 Altima SL

The way the stock speakers in the dash are built allows them to reproduce higher frequencies and the dash speakers also take on some lower frequencies that would normally be handled by the speakers in the doors. Not by a lot mind you but enough. By replacing the dash speakers with a more dedicated tweeter and much higher quality door mid-bass drivers, you should not have an issue especially if you are using the supplied passive crossovers. Keep in mind also that you should consider that the head unit is probably not delivering the needed power to drive these new speakers. Hopefully you are using an aftermarket amp.

nate154

I'm going to use the tweeters that came with the components and unhook the factory 3.5 tweeters. I'm trying to figure out where to put them, though. I've been playing with different locations. I don't really like the factory location on the dash pointing toward the windshield. I seem to like them lower in the car by the woofer. The door doesn't have a lot of great spots to flush mount. Here is a spot they would fit in the door but they would be angled downward. I'm not sure if that would have a negative effect or not. I tried them on the kick panel, and that sounded pretty good.

nate154

This is where I ended up putting them. It's not quite as loud as if they were higher in the car, but they sound good. They sound very natural down by the mids.

Blizzy Blake
Car: 15 Altima S Special Edition

First off, YES do it. I've got .75 JBL weeters flush mounted on the front side columns. And nothing in the space for the 3.5"s. Sounds great.

Second, they are not 3.5" factory tweeters, they are mid ranged woofers.

Return to “5th Generation Altima Sedan (2013-2018)”