Factory Speaker replacement suggestions

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
burnsg35

I just purchased an 04 G35 sedan. It has the factory stereo (NOT Bose) and it really sounds bad. Can someone provide me with suggestions to replace the factory speakers? Also, will I need to purchase an amp to make a difference?

Thanks for you suggestions in advance.

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Congrats on the G35 purchase! You'll find everything you need on this site. For stereo help, here is the link for audio and security: zeroforum/99

But let me first ask what your goals are with the stereo. Do you want a full-blown system? How much money do you have to work with? There are a multitude of products out there that will accomplish what you need to do, on your budget. For example, MTX makes amps that can take a high-level source as input, meaning you could keep your factory deck and replace the speakers with an aftermarket amp.

Adding a subwoofer will enhance any audio system! JL audio makes a subwoofer enclosure that fits in the trunk. This in combination with an external amp will drastically improve the cars sound.

The final option is to replace everything, which is the best, albeit most expensive, way to go. They make replacement consoles that have a double-din opening for aftermarket head decks. A touch-screen DVD deck would look perfect in the G…unless of course you have the factory NAV.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”