Factory security system question

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
rwbw00
Car: 1995 s14

I just bought a '95 SE, but it didn't come with an owners manual or any type of remote. What exactly does the factory security system do? I know they include keyless entry, but how do they provide security? Also, can anyone tell me if I am supposed to have a remote, and if so how much do they cost (factory or aftermarket)?

GodDrivesA240sx
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx

rwbw00 wrote:I just bought a '95 SE, but it didn't come with an owners manual or any type of remote. What exactly does the factory security system do? I know they include keyless entry, but how do they provide security? Also, can anyone tell me if I am supposed to have a remote, and if so how much do they cost (factory or aftermarket)?
I have the exact same car. Yes you're suppose to have a remote. 3 buttons, one for unlocking, one for panic, and one for disarming the alarm. As far as I can tell there are no sensors on the car that will cause it to go off if you hit it. The only way I've had it go off is to arm it then reach in through the window and unlock it or to have the hood come up or trunk come up off it's alarm sensor. The alarm is suppose to be pretty bad a** with weight sensors under the seats and s*** but it just seems basic to me.

As far as the price on the remote it shouldn't be no more then 10 dollars if that, and it's easy to program. It shoudl come with instructions, but if I remember correctly from my FSM you're suppose to insert and take out the key 5 times within 30 secs (in the ingnition switch) then hold down the arm button so that the code is stored in the computer then you're set.

:beer:beer:beer:beer

rwbw00
Car: 1995 s14

Thanks for the info. Where can I get a remote for less than the $65.00 the dealership here wants?

GodDrivesA240sx
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx

rwbw00 wrote:Thanks for the info. Where can I get a remote for less than the $65.00 the dealership here wants?
I thought I saw them at autozone. Stupid dealership and their overpriced stuff.

EONE914

I got mines off of ebay for $10.00

Leeloo95

Hey guys, sorry to bring up such an old post but I've been doing A LOT of searching and haven't been able to find what I'm looking for.

My sister just got her drivers license and a 95 240SX SE. The lady she bought it from didn't have the keyless entry remote and I want to get one for my sister. I searched on ebay but there are no remotes for 240SX's. Would any of the other Nissan remotes work for her car? Say one like this for a 95-99 Maxima.

If a maxima remote won't work will any others? Or does anybody know where I can find a remote for a good price anywhere else online? Thanks in advance for all your help.

juxaguy
Car: 1996 240sx SE

Leeloo95 wrote:Or does anybody know where I can find a remote for a good price anywhere else online? Thanks in advance for all your help.

I bought one off ebay a couple of days ago. Turned out I didn't have the security feature on my 240 :( . Here's my offer 20 bucks + shipping. I bought it from here. Either buy it from him or me. Mine's the exact same thing except for the price difference. My car wasn't equipped with the keyless entry feature so I didn't have a chance to test the remote to see if it works or not. Leave a msg if you're still intrested.

Leeloo95

juxaguy wrote:I bought one off ebay a couple of days ago. Turned out I didn't have the security feature on my 240 :( . Here's my offer 20 bucks + shipping. I bought it from here. Either buy it from him or me. Mine's the exact same thing except for the price difference. My car wasn't equipped with the keyless entry feature so I didn't have a chance to test the remote to see if it works or not. Leave a msg if you're still intrested.

Hey, thanks for the offer but after I had posted my question I tested her car to see if she had keyless entry capabilities and it turned out that she didn't. So I was almost in the same pickle you're in now. Good luck finding a buyer.

Silvia2b
Car: 95 240sx se / 07 G35s cpe / 2009 G37s sedan (rear-ended R.I.P.) / 19 Q50 rs400AWD

Do you guys have spot on the dash that says security with a LED mounted in it? If not then that explains the no keyless feature. but you can easily add a keyless system, or security for that matter. Check out http://www.directed.com, look at Python, Clifford or Viper. They even have a new GPS/cellular tracking unit that requires a subscription, like $120 a year, for monitoring, and theft tracking. Any way good luck

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”