Factory paint on rim?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
olwizard
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

I just purchased a new 2009 Rogue in Ultramarine Blue (Canadian color description). I noticed there is a dab of light blue blue paint on each of the 4 rims. In each case the paint mark is indexed to a orange mark on the sidewall of the tire. What are these paint dabs? Thanks for the help !!!!

Elton Noway
Car: 2009 Rogue SL FWD Phantom White Black Cloth

olwizard wrote:I just purchased a new 2009 Rogue in Ultramarine Blue (Canadian color description). I noticed there is a dab of light blue blue paint on each of the 4 rims. In each case the paint mark is indexed to a orange mark on the sidewall of the tire. What are these paint dabs? Thanks for the help !!!!
Hi Olwizard... the dots mark the heavy spot of the wheel. Today, many light trucks tires are identified with a paint dot "match mounting mark" (red or yellow dot) on the sidewall. The purpose of the match mounting marks is to provide an aid in matching the tires to the rims, and to insure the best possible ride when the tire is first mounted.

NOTE: The dots are designed to last and remain on the wheel for a period of time in the event future service is required. Should the consumer desire the mark be removed, it may be removed with a moistened steel wool soap pad or a small amount of bug and tar remover.
Modified by Elton Noway at 8:36 PM 5/17/2009

philipa_240sx

Elton Noway wrote:it may be removed with a moistened steel wool soap padModified by Elton Noway at 8:36 PM 5/17/2009
Personally, I would avoid steel wool unless you are very careful as it may scratch the finish. It's very easy to get too aggressive.

Try the bug & tar remover instead.

My second recommendation would be auto body detailing clay and detailing spray. Meguiar's, Mothers and a few other brands sell clay and detailing spray in a kit. Just follow the directions on the box.

Return to “Rogue Forum”