Factory orders SUCK!

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
jallendavis
Car: 1992 Maxima GL, 2005 Pathfinder SE 2x4, 2007 Versa SL (will take delivery in late Sept.)

Ok. so I put in a factory order in the begining of Aug. I was then told that my new blue V would be in sometime in October. A long time to wait but I was ok with it. I had a workhorse of a 1992 maxima and the only thin hurrying me alog was my desire for a new car. Well... fast forward to last monday. My faithfull maxima desides it dosen't want to be so faithfull anymore and dies in the middle of an intersection! . Bummer but still ok, my new versa would be in from the factory in about a week or 2 and I could bum a car from a freind till then..... or so I thought. later that afternoon I get a call from my dealer and he tells me that the allocation came back and my Versa wouldn't be in till NOVEMBER at the earliest!!!!!! . So there I sat with no hope of the versa I ordered for at least a month. What to do? Finaly take the advice of so many and call the dealer , get my deposit back, and spent the next 3 hours on the phone and the web calling oter dealers! The Final out come of the sad tale is this. I will pick up my versa from a dealer's stock tomarow night! I had to sacrifice the conveneance package but I really wanted the blue onyx!Anyway, if there is a lesson to be lerned from this mess, it is NEVER place a factory order! ALWAYS do the legwork and just buy the thing from a dealer that has one! and finaly never trust a salesman when he says he can get something he dosn't have! just my $.02 (ok so more like 5 or 6)

Can't wait to get my Versa! will post some pics ASAP

proxim2020

One thing that might help, work with the sales manager and sales manager only. They will be the ones responsible for including your vehicle in their allocation. Sales people are middlemen who play games to make sales. Also, get them to commit to you. The sales manager decides what's in the allocation and what's not. Make sure you have something in writing or a confirmation number so that they can prove to you that the vehicle is included in the next allocation.

Cars just don't fall off the allocation list. I wouldn't be surprised if the car was destined to come, but the dealer got a better offer on the car and sold it to somone else. Or better yet, they forgot to include the car in the allocation and now giving you.

Spa2k

jallendavis wrote:Anyway, if there is a lesson to be lerned from this mess, it is NEVER place a factory order!
That is a ridiculous statement to make. It isn't the dealer's fault your 15-year-old car died. And it isn't the salesperson's fault you didn't sign a purchase agreement for a specific car with a specific projected delivery date. When I ordered mine, the salesman told me it could take at least three months to get me a car built to my exact specifications—or I could put my name on one that was built and on the way, which is what I did because I sold my previous car and am driving a cheap rental now.

If you have a good working relationship with a dealer—instead of always treating him like an adversary—you can get the deal you want. I'm paying slightly below invoice price, using the Nissan supplier pricing plan. Not many dealers are doing that, because the Versa is such a hot commodity right now.

BTW, given the choice, I always order a car so I can get exactly what I want.

Return to “Versa General Chat”