factory bluetooth, aftermarket radio

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
Kylo_Rec
Car: 2005 Nissan Quest
2017 Nissan Rogue

So, I'm thinking of upgrading my car stero to an aftermarket unit. It comes with a bluetooth mic that I'd have to run in the car for it to work. But my '16 Sentra already has a built-in mic. I've tried looking for this information on other forums and even trying to use google for it, but I haven't been able to find anything.

My question is, is there a way to connect the factory bluetooth mic that my car already has, to work with my aftermarket radio? I want to avoid running the external mic in the car, since I already have one built-in. Any direction towards the answer or any help with this would be definitely appreciated!!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

The aftermarket unit comes with a Bluetooth mic in case your vehicle doesn't have one. As long as you use the correct installation kit you shouldn't need the aftermarket mic.

macgiver

mac, you should hookup and "note" the quality of the aftermarket mic first , and if you ever do utilize the inboard "Factory" car mic you may find a Horifically poor result , because "impedance match " is only one of many aspects in a mic along with type of "element"(crystal,dynamic,carbon, piezo ,etc.) AND most likely adapter is ONLY going to be for the radios power/speaker/st. Whl. ctrL./backlight .SO you will likely need an electronics tech to solder in the proper connector possibly! :crazy:Right now i'm installing an aftermarket JVC single DIN CD in Elantra and from Crutchfield ,the adapter only does what I stated above , mic conn. is a regular 6" cable with a std. 1/8 mono female conn. coming out of the radio. This seems to be standard - so
see what I mean here ? :rotflmao

gromaudio
Vendor

In general it is always better idea to use the aftermarket microphone along with the aftermarket stereo. If you will try to tap into the factory mic it might sound horrible. When the electronic suppliers design aftermarket products they do comprehensive testing to make sure their mic works well with their equipment. It is easier to route the aftermarket mic then to deal with the issue that might arise from trying to tap to the OEM mic.

macgiver

mac, gromaudio put it very clear and succinctly !

Kylo_Rec
Car: 2005 Nissan Quest
2017 Nissan Rogue

you all make a very good and valid point. I never thought of the potential issue of there being any issues if i were to use the factory mic with an aftermarket radio. I was only looking at it from an aesthetic point. It didn't even cross my mind that there would be any problems with the quality.

Thanks for the help, peeps! Really appreciated!

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”