Factory alarm is Satan!

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
HOST
Car: 1993 300ZX N/A [SOLD] 1992 300ZX 2+2 [SOLD] 1992 300ZX N/A [TT Project]

Anyone know how to permanently murder the factory alarm? Other than just pulling fuses? I'm ready to cut wires and rip sh!te up! It had a Viper alarm installed too but I've killed him already, now I just need to locate and eradicate the factory one.

Every time I lock my doors from inside, get out.. then go back to unlock the car and get in the factory alarm goes crazy and I can't start the car. I've read there is a grey wire with a red stripe l-l under the steering wheel that I need to ground.. also read that the stock alarm system is mounted to the ECU but I can't seem to find it. I've read every link on the first 3 pages of Google's solutions to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated!

HOST

Ok, I have my ECU sitting in the floorboard.. I don't see anything related to an alarm system.. this is driving me insane! Anyone know anything about the factory alarm systems?

HOST

Ok, apparently no one knows of a solution to this problem. I, however.. have found one! If you have an aftermarket alarm system (such as a Viper) hooked up without your factory alarm disabled, it causes problems.. I had to press the unlock button and turn the key to unlock the door TWICE in order to get in the vehicle.

Why twice? Because the ECU detects TWO alarm systems, thus turning it twice disables both (manually) so that you can get in the car. Not THAT bad if the fob doesn't have issues (which mine did, it was old school Viper lol), just a waste of time and an inconvenience. So basically you have to disarm with the fob, then turn the key twice (unlocking twice) to get in. stupid, I know.

SO.. today I had planned on doing real work to my car but I couldn't because the alarm systems wouldn't stand for it. Had to disable the Viper system (which I did last night) and just found out that with the factory alarm still activated, and since I didn't disconnect the battery (which I recommend doing anytime you do any type of electrical maintenance/upgrading etc) when I slaughtered the Viper alarm the ECU still reads that there are two alarms, so once I disconnect the battery and allow the ECU to reset (has to be disconnected for about half an hour) the system will read only ONE alarm system (factory alarm) like it's suppose to, and then you will only have to turn the key once which is normal, to disable the factory alarm.

Now, the moral of this story kids is to have your aftermarket alarm systems installed by PROFESSIONALS if you don't fully understand how to do it yourself because epic situations like this can occur if you do not. Factory alarms must be deleted first before afermarket alarms can be installed. I'm glad that I figured this all out with the help of my buddy, so that I can still have an alarm instead of welcoming thieves to a red light special.. because I was EXTREMELY close to ripping out anything and EVERYTHING alarm related!

I hope this helps anyone else in this situation.. I've searched Google for days and found nothing, and apparently not a lot of people here have gone through this.. so.. there ya go!

alright2020
Car: 92 jeep wrangler with SBC
99 F250 with 7.3 on 25lbs
91 300ZX na>tt>na
03 G35 coupe

haHh glad you found your problem i run 2 alarms the factor one and an aftermarket one... thats the way i got it... it only does it once every few weeks but sometimes ill unlock teh car with aftermarket and open the door and the factory one starts goin off... but nothign serious i just stick the key in and it turns off... doesnt bother me really.

HOST

alright2020 wrote:haHh glad you found your problem i run 2 alarms the factor one and an aftermarket one... thats the way i got it... it only does it once every few weeks but sometimes ill unlock teh car with aftermarket and open the door and the factory one starts goin off... but nothign serious i just stick the key in and it turns off... doesnt bother me really.
That's too much trouble man.. I wanna just hit a button, hear the *beep beep* and hop right in. Maybe even throw in remote start and a door popper.. so all I have to do is sit down and close the door lol

alright2020
91 300ZX na>tt>na
03 G35 coupe

haha but see its not to much trouble seeing it happens maybe once every few weeks. and your solution still seems confusing to diasable the facotry one...ill stick teh key in the door every few weeks and save myself some headache ahah

HOST

alright2020 wrote:haha but see its not to much trouble seeing it happens maybe once every few weeks. and your solution still seems confusing to diasable the facotry one...ill stick teh key in the door every few weeks and save myself some headache ahah
No it isn't to disable only to properly disarm. My factory alarm still works, just had to reset the ECU. I just see no point in have two alarm systems. I'm keeping the factory one until I put a newer aftermarket one in.

Been meaning to ask you btw, does the extra 200+ lbs in your 2+2 make a major differene in the TT swap? I've contemplated doing a TT swap in my 2+2, but with the extra weight I think I'd rather buy a TT and just delete HICAS. Any thoughts?

I love the 2+2 now for the record, much more room with the back seats down.. I can have two 10s behind the front seats now! Not to mention the car looks kinda cool being longer. I just don't like the extra weight lol

alright2020
91 300ZX na>tt>na
03 G35 coupe

unless youre trying to be crazy fast i dont see a difference in 200 pounds... im on 15 pounds and its plenty fast for me..., bascially all stock and im content i dont use it to try to get every tenth of a second fast on it....i prefered teh 2+2 but i wanted more power.... if youre that concerned about the weight of it start eliminating things... i havent been in a factory tt to notice a difference but i can say im alot faster then alot of cars... so i say i dont notice it a bit. lol

mac_daddy
Car: 92 slicktop n/a

HOST wrote:
That's too much trouble man.. I wanna just hit a button, hear the *beep beep* and hop right in. Maybe even throw in remote start and a door popper.. so all I have to do is sit down and close the door lol
I don't know if this will work with your 300 but after i bought my slicktop i found that the factory alarm was just unplugged. so maybe you can just unplug it from the box next to the ecu. then you can just hear the "beep beep" then pop the doors lol

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”